Now I'm partial bionic

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew! You and Mrs. Encore50A sure have had a rough couple years straight in the health category. And yet through all of your enjoyable/informative posts it's clear you've kept a positive outlook. As the other's have said, keep up the PT. Regarding the Oxy I have three words for you ... prunes, prunes, and prunes.

Whew! You and Mrs. Encore50A sure have had a rough couple years straight in the health category. And yet through all of your enjoyable/informative posts it's clear you've kept a positive outlook. As the other's have said, keep up the PT. Regarding the Oxy I have three words for you ... prunes, prunes, and prunes.
Thanks.
A little rough this morning with what appears to be a headache from hell.
My ice machine runs until about 1am, then I notify the wife. She'll empty the water from it and refill it with ice and I'll be good till around 6am. I let her sleep last night and did it myself. I found it was a little bit more than I really wanted to handle. I made it but I'll let her handle it from now on. At least she's smart enough to use a small cart :)
PT starts tomorrow afternoon and I know both the gals that will be helping me. Wish me luck LOL

Good luck on your recovery. Hope all goes well. I was gonna have the surgery this summer but decided to wait until Oct. Hopefully I will be able to get out and deer hunt in Dec.

Day 3 of PT. It kicked my ask.
no pain no gain ! hahaha
seriously though the pain will get less and less but the more you can endure now when doing PT (both with your doc and without) the the sooner you will have more mobility and the sooner your pain will subside . that was my experience ...but different folks react differently .
hang in there dude , you're about to have a new lease on life :)

Strange this knee replacement. Going well and walking without assistance. I'm having one slight issue that I "think" I might have figured out.
Always after supper I get COLD!!! I mean cold enough that my teeth could chatter. 76° in the house, I'm wearing a T shirt and flannel shirt, plus I'm covered in a blanket???

My suspicions are, being up and around all day causes the knee to swell some. I think that swelling is likely causing me to feel cold.
Other than that, doing well. I've been walking up the stairs one foot in front of the other, a good thing.
Any nurses out there with a better explanation/prognosis?

You taking any medication?
I take blood pressure meds plus my daily aspirin.
My blood is on the thin side, I guess. If the temperature gets below 60, I get cold.

are you still using the ice machine ?
how's your mobility coming along ?
and how is your pail level ?
keep on keepin' on dude !

I had a similar issue on my first knee replacement. Doc told me it was after effects of the anesthesia. I was shocked, he said effects could last for a couple of months. He said it takes a long time for the body to recover from that stuff. Not sure if it's true or not but they finally went away.

Strange this knee replacement. Going well and walking without assistance. I'm having one slight issue that I "think" I might have figured out.
Always after supper I get COLD!!! I mean cold enough that my teeth could chatter. 76° in the house, I'm wearing a T shirt and flannel shirt, plus I'm covered in a blanket???

My suspicions are, being up and around all day causes the knee to swell some. I think that swelling is likely causing me to feel cold.
Other than that, doing well. I've been walking up the stairs one foot in front of the other, a good thing.
Any nurses out there with a better explanation/prognosis?
When get chills, I've found that putting on heavy wool hunting socks and wool/hunting cap really helps. I looked a little out of place at my daughter's wedding though

I take blood pressure meds plus my daily aspirin.
Might want to rethink taking aspirin (I assume 80mg) every day. My doctor told me to do the same years ago. Every time I would get a small cut or puncture I would bleed like a stuck hog. They don't recommend a daily aspirin now unless you have had a heart attack in the past.
I stopped taking it an don't bleed as much, just a heads up for what its worth!

Last edited:
I think the PT on Friday actually tried to kill me...... slowly. OMG! They're getting close to letting me go but, they want me to have more strength first.

Heck, I thought it was an easy day until evening :wall: She made me step way out and hold the position. While in that position I had to squat down as far as I could. Well that evening both of my legs felt like I had koodies by the millions. I mean I couldn't be still at all. So I figured I better find the muscle relaxers. After about 45 minutes the koodies disappeared.
For some reason I hit the rack at 7pm and didn't wake up until 9am yesterday. Being up lasted about 10min and I was off again. Of the entire day yesterday I might have been awake an hour total. The wife was a little worried and actually asked me if I wanted to go to the ER. Nope.

Feeling decent today. At 55° I decided to pull camera cards and use the Ranger, which I just had an Inferno heater installed in. THAT thing puts out HEAT! Happy I had it done.

This guy is respectable.......

STC_0103.JPG

STC_0104.JPG

STC_0105.JPG

Latest posts

Back