Now I'm partial bionic

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn that sucks. Any idea what brought it on?
I have no clue and they don't either. Bacteria in the blood can happen from a scratch, cut, open sore, DENTAL WORK IS EXCEPTIONALLY BAD, and surgery. However, they also told me that it can be self made.
It surprised me when the ortho told me no dental work without 4 days of antibiotics first. I believe that lasts until my last my last ever appointment.

yeah , they don't like dental stuff .
our mouths are full of bacteria but our bodies defenses usually keep them at bay .

I have no clue and they don't either. Bacteria in the blood can happen from a scratch, cut, open sore, DENTAL WORK IS EXCEPTIONALLY BAD, and surgery. However, they also told me that it can be self made.
It surprised me when the ortho told me no dental work without 4 days of antibiotics first. I believe that lasts until my last my last ever appointment.
That must be SOP. I had hip replaced and also have to take antibiotics before any dental work, cleaning and anything.

Heavy doses of Cephalexin (Keflex) every 4hrs for 10days.
Temp is running 101° and steady.
Just tired. I think not getting home until 2am the other night is catching up with me. :(
Hate that constant bllllaagghhh feeling associated with high fevers. Pink Floyd really nailed it when he sang about his hands feeling "like 2 balloons".

Bad day at the ortho. Boy was he pissed off. Not at me for anything I did or didn't do but, other doctors and a PA.

More meds, more rules until he gets to the bottom of a number of things. He wants me to have a tooth checked ASAP and gave me an additional prescription to take prior to going. Trying to set that up tomorrow.
He DOES NOT want to open me back up, remove my replacement and try to eliminate an infection that IS NOT in my knee. It would require removing the knee, eliminating the infection with hospital stay and then another new knee.

I've heard the same regarding scheduled dental procedures during same timeframe as other orthopoidims.. Sure hope your day is going better

It is sop, had my knee put in 2015 still have to use antibiotics before any dental work, no biggie just have to keep fresh stuff on hand to take.

I think the PT on Friday actually tried to kill me...... slowly. OMG! They're getting close to letting me go but, they want me to have more strength first.

Heck, I thought it was an easy day until evening :wall: She made me step way out and hold the position. While in that position I had to squat down as far as I could. Well that evening both of my legs felt like I had koodies by the millions. I mean I couldn't be still at all. So I figured I better find the muscle relaxers. After about 45 minutes the koodies disappeared.
For some reason I hit the rack at 7pm and didn't wake up until 9am yesterday. Being up lasted about 10min and I was off again. Of the entire day yesterday I might have been awake an hour total. The wife was a little worried and actually asked me if I wanted to go to the ER. Nope.

Feeling decent today. At 55° I decided to pull camera cards and use the Ranger, which I just had an Inferno heater installed in. THAT thing puts out HEAT! Happy I had it done.

This guy is respectable.......

View attachment 23082

View attachment 23083

View attachment 23084
Nice buck

I've had a pretty rough couple weeks and I just got out from a 6 day stay in the hospital. I went to the ER the first time with a fever of 104.6°, which they got down and sent me home. Last Friday morning the pain in my knee was so extreme it had tears flowing. I had just returned home from town, but the pain worsened as I got closer to home. Wife checked my temp and it registered 105.0°! She got me into her vehicle and into the ER we went. I have no clue how I got there and remember nothing.

Long story shortened ;) ..... They identified a bacterial infection in my blood called, Enterococcus E Faecalis. I was dangerously full of it, so I was immediately admitted. The Ortho surgeon was called and before I knew it, he drew some stuff out of my knee and it had something like 280,000 white blood cells so........... Into the operating room for immediate surgery. He flushed the knee, used 3 or 4 different antiseptic cleaners, then removed all the plastic and replaced it with some with antibiotics. Filled the area with some kind of antibiotic powder and closed it up.

I had IV's in the hospital every 4hrs with a second antibiotic twice a day. Now I'm home and I have to be on IV's 24/7 for 6 weeks. One is very slow to enter and its in some kind of fanny pack so I can be mobile. The other is a stand alone, but twice a day.
Long way to go yet and I appreciate the concern and prayers.
No shooting or hunting the remainder of the year.

Wow you and the misses have sure been through it the last year or so. Just keep fighting and we will continue with the prayers!!

That is what they call a "complication". I can't help but believe that many of these post surgury infections are caused by carelessness of the doctors. My prayers are with you.

I will limp on my knees as long as possible before surgery.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back