Opening day muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a nice looking buck...I am afraid I would have made the rifle speak if he was in my sights. I have Mule Deer here, but a comparable Mulie would have been a shooter for me.

Congrats on your will power to hold off and let him mature another year.

There were two bucks in the yard yesterday morning. Nothing even close to that beast though. The just do not grow that big around here. The leaves have been dropping pretty steadily. I can see into the overgrown orchards now. Another week or two and visibility should be good. The season does not close until mid December, and I am not shooting one on the lawn.

Last year I had a ML tag for the area where our cabin is located. I saw shooter bucks everyday...Bucks from the area around the cabin...Bucks that my wife and grand daughters had named during the summer...

I moved away to the far side of the game unit and saw a moose and elk, but no shootable bucks...so I went with the tag un-filled. Oh well better than shooting a "pet deer"

Nice photo's! I have been doing better on letting bucks walk the last couple of season. Not sure I could let him walk though.

Latest posts

Back