Postal Match Start

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not gonna lie, I tried today. I’m still working on loads for the LRX 45. First target this morning just wanted to see where my adjustments needed to be. The group was bad. I thought well I’ll try again this afternoon and I did. The groups were still bad. So either I was having a bad day or I still haven’t figured this bone head out. Last week I had a 3 shot group at a 100 that was 1/4” so I was excited about moving to 200 today. Yes I was deflated! Will I stop NO! Maybe soon I will have one worthy of posting.

Not gonna lie, I tried today. I’m still working on loads for the LRX 45. First target this morning just wanted to see where my adjustments needed to be. The group was bad. I thought well I’ll try again this afternoon and I did. The groups were still bad. So either I was having a bad day or I still haven’t figured this bone head out. Last week I had a 3 shot group at a 100 that was 1/4” so I was excited about moving to 200 today. Yes I was deflated! Will I stop NO! Maybe soon I will have one worthy of posting.
If you had a group it had to have been good. Lol, mine did not even put the 1st hole in target nor the cardboard it was taped on.

Not sure where this should be based, but we'll start it here. We're not shooting LONG RANGE, so it doesn't belong there.

GaSmokey has everything he wanted to get this started, so lets just do it.

Rule ……………

If you agree to participate, you do it at your own risk and will not hold any other person/s liable or responsible for any reason what so ever.

Honor system………..

Two classes.

HUNTING CLASS: Break open actions:

All CVA break open rifles……….. except when shooting SML
All TC break open rifles………….. except when shooting SML
Patriot actions ………………………..except when shooting SML
All other break open rifles……… except when shooting SML
Traditions break open rifles
Traditions NitroFire
CVA Crossfire
Knight plunger rifles
Flintlocks
Percussion rifles

MODERN CLASS: All other rifles…….. ANY RIFLES SHOOTING SML.

Any rifle with a bolt, or bolt type action required to place any type primer.
TC Omega
All customs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any SAFE muzzleloading rifle. Any optic. Muzzle brakes ok. Any primer. Any position. Any type projectile.

Any SAFE propellant which your rifle is designed or built to shoot…. BP, Substitutes, SML.

Front rest, bipod or bags. Separate rear rest allowed.

Targets will be the 6” shoot-n-c targets pasted on a piece of cardboard.

Targets may also be a print out of the shoot-n-c target taped to cardboard.

Targets shot at 200yds and/or 100yds, one or the other, or both.

Five (5) shots for score.

Scoring.. Bullet MUST completely break the line to count a higher score. Bullets not on target do not score.

If there’s a questionable score, three individuals will be chosen to make the final decision?

WRITE THE DATE, SCORE, PROPELLANT TYPE AND WEAPON ON YOUR TARGET. PHOTO IT AND POST YOUR TARGET.
I’m curious if same size target is used at both distances and is the scoring the same.might get more guys to reach out a little further for extra points .cause a little mistake at 100 still get points but at 200 could end up with zero .just curious.I’ll play either way.looks fun.

I’m curious if same size target is used at both distances and is the scoring the same.might get more guys to reach out a little further for extra points .cause a little mistake at 100 still get points but at 200 could end up with zero .just curious.I’ll play either way.looks fun.
According to what's current, yes, the targets are the same size for 100 and 200yds.

I will get out & shoot but i am letting all these storms get out of here. Have 70 mph wind gusts about 5 miles west of me now. Baseball sized hail has been verified, tornado watch n warning has been declared.

Back