Question about the powerbelt skirt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have read a few posts on here about how the green skirt on the bottom of the powerbelt is suppose to come off of the bullet when you shoot. On the doe that I shot this weekend, I recovered the bullet, and the skirt was still on the bullet. Is this a good thing, or a bad thing?

Well it can hurt if you are shooting long ranges, the wind can easily take it off course. I usually find mine between 20-50 yards away. When you shoot them, simply just take the skirt on and off a few times before loading. I've run into some that were darn right tight on the nipple.

A little lube on the nipple doesnt hurt either.

When I finish hunting and don't plan on hunting again for a few days I unload my CVA Eclipes Hunter by taking out the breech plug . My question is does this hurt the bullet ? I use the 295 grain HP .

As long as the face of the bullet is not deformed, it wont hurt a thing. I did that with an Optima i used to own and surprisingly i found rifling marks slightly engraved. Have you ever noticed that?

Latest posts

Back