Reloading firestick cartridges

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just wondering how long it will be before someone figures out how to make a brass casing (or shotgun like casing) that can be reloaded for that rifle. Otherwise I don't think this ignition system will last too long. Too costly to shoot for anything other than ensuring its sighted in and hunting. I believe the sticks alone are $3 + each.

I'm just wondering how long it will be before someone figures out how to make a brass casing (or shotgun like casing) that can be reloaded for that rifle. Otherwise I don't think this ignition system will last too long. Too costly to shoot for anything other than ensuring its sighted in and hunting. I believe the sticks alone are $3 + each.
If you could reload them, with bh209/T8, they would still be too expensive imo. What with bh209 being $97/8oz now. Although reloading them with T7 would have a big cost saving advantage while still being close in velocities. Idk much about shot shells, other than 12ga slugs, is that Firestick similar in size to a 28ga? Maybe an existing shell that is a close fit is out there already? 50bmg or some wildcat cartridge?
The biggest drawback to the firestick guns is that you will not be able to fine tune your loads except within the supplied 2 or 3 loads they manufacture.

Back