TICKS :(

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm from Georgia and was born and bred there. It doesn't snow there other than a rare dusting, and the only time it got truly cold was when the occasional polar vortex visited. Warm weather - frequently abysmally hot - could occur in the winter and was normal throughout most of the year. So we're not talking about the cold north. I spent a LOT of time in the woods, even some overnights usually in tents. I NEVER got a tick nor knew anyone who did; but that all changed around 20 years ago.

Ticks are a scourge and the scourge is at least partly due to human activity; our Government to be specific. Plum Island just off the east coast of the states mentioned. Over the years it has been responsible for "accidental" diseases and critters getting to the mainland and sometimes causing enough damage to cost the Gov. millions. Read up on it, there have already been journalistic investigations by newspapers and TV.

When I was kid in Etowah Co AL in the early '70's a schoolmate caught Rocky Mt Spotted Fever and died. Seems like I remember another kid caught it and survived.

AL is a long way from the Rockies.

We were always having to pull them off of us.

Some years now and then here in N AL chiggers will get bad in my yard and eat me alive.

Last edited:
Back