Triple Seven

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushersam

Reaction score
Got some BH209 but it's to expensive and scare to play with so gonna save it for hunting season. Triple Seven is available and about half price. I've converted my rifle(CVA Accura MRX over to Arrowhead breech plug and shooting large rifle magnum primers. Here's the dumb question,, How will Triple Seven do with this setup?

The big advantage of BH 209 is not having to swab between shots. When hunting, that shouldn't usually be an issue. I have used easier loading sabots for a quick second shot without swabbing, but only needed it once on an elk. I hunt with 777.

Got some BH209 but it's to expensive and scare to play with so gonna save it for hunting season. Triple Seven is available and about half price. I've converted my rifle(CVA Accura MRX over to Arrowhead breech plug and shooting large rifle magnum primers. Here's the dumb question,, How will Triple Seven do with this setup?
I shoot T7 & BH 209 out of the same gun with diff bullets & for diff things. Though I can get off a few shots without having to swab or brush, the notorious crud ring will be something to contend with using T7. For accuracy testing, yes, swab after every shot, but while hunting a second - follow up shot can be done without swabbing. I've read where some ppl have used MZ 209 primers & reported that the les hot primers cut way back or almost eliminate the crud ring, I have not tried them myself as of yet. I do intend to test some for myself this yr.

Supposedly the MZ 209 primers are not hot enough to reliably set off BH 209 powder. Haven't tried it myself, so can't say one way or the other. Makes sense though...
Triple 7 performs best in #11 capped rifles/shotguns. I don't have a crud ring in the White rifles or shotgun which use #11 caps, my go to guns for hunting. Kill deer and squirrels every year since I bought them. T7 is very easy to clean up also!

Triple 7 is pretty easy to ignite I have heard people using large pistol primers and get less of a crud ring Just quoting someone else Are you shooting a 45 or 50 and what bullet are you shooting

Triple 7 is pretty easy to ignite I have heard people using large pistol primers and get less of a crud ring Just quoting someone else Are you shooting a 45 or 50 and what bullet are you shooting
50 cal
275 Ballistic Extreme

Latest posts

Back