Trophy Mounts?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday Kim and i visited Cabela's and Bass Pro in OK City.  Bass Pro has the head of the Hansen buck, the record B&C buck, on their wall.  Fantastic rack but the main beams are pretty skinny. 

On a lighter note i bought a Ruger <a href='/tags/1' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #1'>#1</a> in 9.3x62 at Cabela's.

falcon said:
Yesterday Kim and i visited Cabela's and Bass Pro in OK City.  Bass Pro has the head of the Hansen buck, the record B&C buck, on their wall.  Fantastic rack but the main beams are pretty skinny. 

On a lighter note i bought a Ruger <a href='/tags/1' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #1'>#1</a> in 9.3x62 at 
They made something like 5 replicas of the Hansen buck, the guy that made them has a resin cast of one of the antlers in his shop.  It's pretty impressive in your hand.

falcon said:

On a lighter note i bought a Ruger <a href='/tags/1' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #1'>#1</a> in 9.3x62 at Cabela's.
Nice caliber.

Btw...For the record. If I had the money and bought a mountain log cabin and it had mounted bear, elk, and deer animals. I would enjoy the look and leave them. Just as long as I didn't put them there. I'm not against anybody else being a trophy hunter or having mounted game. It's just not for me. The same for showing pictures of kills. I don't mind looking at them, but you won't see me doing it. It's a personal thing to honor my dad.

I know the Ruger <a href='/tags/1' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #1'>#1</a>, but was unfamiliar with the 9.3 x 62.
I looked it up and it seems to be a good, big game cartridge. The reason for its development in 1905 was due to the ban on importing military ammo to colonial areas. They didn't want the colonials to have access to surplus military guns or ammo.
Ron

The Ruger <a href='/tags/1' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #1'>#1</a> is built like a tank. I always wanted one.

My uncle has an old German sporting rifle chambered in 9X57 Mauser that I've been itching to shoot.  I necked up some 8X57 brass, picked up a set of dies and found a few boxes of old German 9mm RN, 247 grain bullets.  Just haven't found the time to put it all together yet.

I've got a Ruger # 1 in .257 Roberts but haven't shot it in years. It has beautiful wood and is a safe queen.
I'll leave it to my son.

Back