Well it figures

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I posted this yesterday on another site:
Double checking a couple of my muzzys to be sure they were sighted in for bear and deer seasons coming up with my commitment to use only muzzleloaders this year. Set up a target at 100 yards. 30* with a stiff constant wind in my face. Loaded up the 50 cal Rem 700 100 gr black MZ and 250 gr Barnes Expander MZs. Federal 209 primers. Clean bore shot 1/2" right and perfect height. Great - Now the .45 cal Knight Mountaineer 95 gr of Swiss 1 1/2 Hornady 10 mm 200 gr XTP. Clean bore shot 1/2" right and 2" high. Fantastic. Now head back home and clean them up and get some hot coffee.
Tomorrow its not supposed to get out of the 20s for the first day of bear season. I think I'll sleep in and head out doing a little still hunting and looking for fresh tracks in the newly fallen snow. I'll be toting the 700ML.
Well I woke up this morning and the temperature in the house was 59*! Went down to the basement and hit the reset button on my furnace and it kicked back on but only ran for 5 mins and the power vent didn't go through its post purge. I've been playing with it ever since and can't get it going. Made a couple calls and can't get no one in until Monday. Looks like I'll be shopping around for a couple electric heaters to at least keep the lower "living" level of the house somewhat warm. It figures - this had to happen on the coldest day of the year so far!

Stuff like this sucks. Sorry for your misfortune. Its kind of like a death in the family.... never a good time.

About 20 years ago I was sitting in the stand on opener when the wife called on my new flip phone. First time I ever carried a phone to the stand. She said the water heater was spraying water all over. I guess ya'll know how my opener went.

Well, my luck today is dealing with food poisoning. The wife just had to have some Olive Garden chicken gnotchie soup last Wednesday. We have had it numerous time in past years, good stuff. This time it hit both of us on Friday. First day of rifle season and I'm stuck inside. Hard frost this morning too, perfect conditions....
Good thing I have taken four deer so far this year!

Well fortunately its bear season and not deer season. I already have 2 deer in the freezer and 2 more tags to fill if I want. On the other hand I've taken 4 bear here in PA which is pretty good - some guys never see one during the season. And if I would happen to get one you know I'd want to do something with the hide which would cost me $$ at the taxidermist. I do like bear meat the way I make it in a pressure cooker. Comes out tasty and tender.
And the fat would be nice to render down for tallow.
The furnace seems to be working but I don't trust the way its been acting so it looks like I'll be getting a new controller installed on Monday. In the mean time I'll be using a couple edenpure electric heaters I got.

I hear ya' bronko, we had a furnace die on us a couple of years ago and had to get a new one - you really need one up here. Good luck.

Back