What kind of conical is this?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont have a hardness tester so i am not buying from ebay.
I have tried to purchase a quality Lead Tester.
The only Quality made one I can find under $500, is what used to be called the Cabine Tree lead tester. That business was sold to Desperado Cowboy Bullets. They just call it a Lead Tester. I hope it's the same quality as the Cabine Tree. I just bought one.

https://cowboybullets.com/Lead-Tester_p_57.html

Someone gave me a few of these about 12 years ago. I have never fired one of them and I do not recall what the name of it is. I was thinking Buffalo Bullet, but I am not sure. What I do like about them is the deep hollow base. I mean that thing is deep, as in perhaps 5/16" to 3/8" deep. This leads me to believe that it will expand upon firing and hopefully expand more upon impact. Is my thinking correct on this?

I inserted this one by hand just a little ways down the muzzle of of my old smoke pole. I found that it easily slides down in, too easy when compared to the Maxi Balls I have shot the most. Is this due to allowance for the base to expand upon firing and will it expand enough to provide a good enough seal for good accuracy. It appears to be made out of fairly soft lead.

Do you think this will make an effective hunting bullet for my .50? View attachment 28319View attachment 28320
Remington. Had some back in the 70's.
They shot well. Loose pyrodex 90 gr.

Back