Williams new fiberoptic globe?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Most everything I have read about it - it is not good in low light. Some guys have even gone in and painted the inserts to try to get them to light up in low light. I do not have any personal experience with the front sight,

Anyone seen this yet? I absolutely loved the old Tru-Glo fiberoptic front sight. Seems to be an attempt to copy that. The original was a wrapped fineroptic and was almost glow in the dark. This one may not be as good in low light but looks intriguing. And replacement fiber optic posts are just $14

https://muzzle-loaders.com/products...ng-sight-set-fiber-optic-remington-700-615978
Opinions?
👏FINALLY, Williams has Listened to All the Customer Requests. Friends & I have been Modifying Hoods (Open Top) to Protect those Delicate Fiberoptic Rods. Should be a Great Set Up for Dark Timber Elk.👍

And when you break one (or stops being as bright) they are easily and cheaply replaced.

My only question is are they bright enough? I may order one and see what I think.

The globe on the front almost gives it a scope appearance. Easier to center the front sight the same every time.

Last edited:
Now my only question is whether I need to order the complete set. The fiberoptic in front t looks tall. Maybe the rear peep is taller than normal as well?

Don’t think these inserts would fit a standard front Globe, I would suggest calling them and asking.

Called and talked to Williams. He said rear peep is taller than the original rear peep, so needs to be ordered as a set or will run out of adjustment with the rear peep. Dang I was hoping to just order the front.
Will they Sell just the Globe Front? Would like to just use a Shim / Spacer on the Existing Rear.
Also, do they Only use (1) of the Front Sight Ramp Screws on the Rem 700?

You are right they are Selling these Out Quickly!

I have two of them. They are really big! the sights are very bright and the fiber optic insert is small. They should be good and I will report back after a range session today. I needed to order the complete set for my CVA. the rear ramp I had was much shorter than the new one. FWIW

Back