Williams new fiberoptic globe?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The insert is plastic. That is my real concern but it looks well protected.

I have two of them. They are really big! the sights are very bright and the fiber optic insert is small. They should be good and I will report back after a range session today. I needed to order the complete set for my CVA. the rear ramp I had was much shorter than the new one. FWIW
Thanks for your summary review on them.

Back from the range with new sight…

I am setting up a CVA V2 for a Colorado elk hunt: 12 shots @100 yards. I use a 6 o’clock hold and had a decent open sight group. Just started playing with my new ladradar but had both 300 grn Thor and 285 Universal Fir Fury shooting the this group. The bullets group very similar…Fury was faster and held down range velocity much better…Higher BC but Thors were much easier to load. The sight gave a bright clear sight picture and green fiber optic did not cover target @100 yards.

110 grn BH209 by volume (ten load average = approx 86 grns by weight) with both bullets. Velocity was average about 2040 with the 300 grn Thor and 2080 with 285 grn Fury.

This is the group:

D19AD668-5684-426E-8792-9B567956ED33.jpeg

Last edited:
Back from the range with new sight…

I am setting up a CVA V2 for a Colorado elk hunt: 12 shots @100 yards. I use a 6 o’clock hold and had a decent open sight group. Just started playing with my new ladradar but had both 300 grn Thor and 285 Universal Fir Fury shooting the this group. The bullets group very similar…Fury was faster and held down range velocity much better…Higher BC but Thors were much easier to load. The sight gave a bright clear sight picture and green fiber optic did not cover target @100 yards.

110 grn BH209 by volume (ten load average = approx 86 grns by weight) with both bullets. Velocity was average about 2040 with the 300 grn Thor and 2080 with 285 grn Fury.

This is the group:

View attachment 22494
If you’re shooting those with a LabRadar, have you come up with some BCs? Would be curious to hear.

I need try and move my group about 2 inches left and 2 inches up. That would be ideal. The CVA shoots nice groups. The thumbhole stock bites my cheek a bit. I am getting a padded cheek pad for the stock. That is my only complaint about that rifle. It really shoots well. I got this to get friends into muzzleloading. The ambidextrous stock is a great concept but needs a few tweaks.

I measured out 10 loads BH209 at 110 by volume. I weighed those ten loads and they averaged 86 grn…85.9 actually. I then made my range loads based on the average weight.

Back