Woodman Arms Omega (Brux) Build complete…

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got everything done and together. I think it turned out great and @ 9lb 8oz it’s a full 2lbs lighter than my Bestill Omega.
I’m very happy with this build and impressed with the customer service and attention to detail that Mark @ Woodman Arms supplied through out this entire last 1 1/2 years. I can not show my appreciation and/or thank him, enough!
Bedding the stock was probably the hardest but I bedded the escutcheons first and then the barrel. (Red arrows is were I was pointing them out to a buddy) It was tricky with the ramrod but encased it in a thin layer of clay between the lugs on the barrel. It’s definitely tight and I have to wiggle everything together and back apart but a solid connection that will surely show at longer distances.
I’m hoping to get to the range in this next week and will post a report, when I do.
IMG_2848.jpegIMG_2849.jpegIMG_2850.jpegIMG_2851.jpegIMG_2852.jpegIMG_2853.jpegIMG_2854.jpegIMG_2847.jpegIMG_2830.jpeg

Finally got everything done and together. I think it turned out great and @ 9lb 8oz it’s a full 2lbs lighter than my Bestill Omega.
I’m very happy with this build and impressed with the customer service and attention to detail that Mark @ Woodman Arms supplied through out this entire last 1 1/2 years. I can not show my appreciation and/or thank him, enough!
Bedding the stock was probably the hardest but I bedded the escutcheons first and then the barrel. (Red arrows is were I was pointing them out to a buddy) It was tricky with the ramrod but encased it in a thin layer of clay between the lugs on the barrel. It’s definitely tight and I have to wiggle everything together and back apart but a solid connection that will surely show at longer distances.
I’m hoping to get to the range in this next week and will post a report, when I do.
View attachment 33949View attachment 33950View attachment 33951View attachment 33952View attachment 33953View attachment 33954View attachment 33955View attachment 33956View attachment 33957
It looks awesome. Is that a Shady Camo Lam?
I got a Varmint TH Shady Camo lam for mine
Thats cool that you did the pillars & bedding yourself, I'm havin Mark do mine.
The weight isn't too bad either.
I'm looking forward to range reports

It looks awesome. Is that a Shady Camo Lam?
I got a Varmint TH Shady Camo lam for mine
Thats cool that you did the pillars & bedding yourself, I'm havin Mark do mine.
The weight isn't too bad either.
I'm looking forward to range reports
Yes, it’s shady camo. It wasn’t too bad to bed. I was concerned it was stuck, at first. It takes a lot to get the action/barrel out of the stock. The barrel is free floated forward of the second lug.
I wanted a little more epoxy in there than just the lugs and think this will work great. My Bestill is only bedded at the lugs and it works great so it maybe over kill.

Marks rear lug has a U shape to the forward side and is what you’re seeing in the bedding, it’s not slop.

There is always that thought about getting glued in. I think about it ever time I do it. I know for me I’ve always used kiwi shoe polish it just plain works. When I did mine I used a 1/2 chisel and back cut where the lugs sit on all four sides maybe 1/8 up and 1/8 in from bottom. Turned out really well and lifts straight up.

There is always that thought about getting glued in. I think about it ever time I do it. I know for me I’ve always used kiwi shoe polish it just plain works. When I did mine I used a 1/2 chisel and back cut where the lugs sit on all four sides maybe 1/8 up and 1/8 in from bottom. Turned out really well and lifts straight up.
Yeah, I did use the Kiwi shoe wax. I was surprised how it did come out, after getting it loose. Even the clay pulled out in place.

Latest posts

Back