Yeah! More Bear Hunting!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The antis say the problem bears are in urban areas and killing bears in other areas won't help conflict problems.
I say it will help .. after awhile. If more suitable habitat is available in rural areas bears won't be forced to migrate to more congested areas to raid garbage cans. It won't get rid of the urban problem bears in the immediate future but eventually it will.

It's the only argument she had and like you say she's dead wrong. Bears have a good 20 mile radius they roam. Some are more. The bear that's in town today will be in hunting country a couple of days later.

The Louisiana Black Bear has been removed from the endangered species list but that doesn't mean that it will be on a 'hunting list' anytime soon! The PETA folks and others are crying that the bear population is just now getting somewhat stabilized and decry that putting it on a hunting schedule would not be the right thing to do at present! What that means is that they NEVER want it on a hunting schedule IMO!

http://theadvocate.com/news/15080421-37/report-iconic-louisiana-black-bear-teddy-bear-removed-from-endangered-species-list

If we could just train the damn bear to run down hogs and eat 'em....we could eventually export them to Alabama and Texas to cure their hog problem!! And the bear here now....will eventually be put on a hunting schedule when they become more of a problem! Present day folks will eventually learn why they were 'shot out' 150 years ago!! I'm looking forward to some bear grease for patch lube!!

:Salute: :Red tup:

To many liberals here Muley. It will never fly. This State is just and extension of California. Any Governor that doesnt have the Balls to put Nathan Dunlap and James Homes in the ground aint gonna sign no bear huntin bill.

I have to agree with the woman:

"The best available science — and there’s probably 10 studies out there — shows you that hunting bears does not resolve conflict. You can’t shoot your way out of this problem. "The only way we’re going to solve this is to do education,” she said."
teache10.jpg

Ron

She better watch out for that slacker in the back. He'll probably wind up robbing a garbage truck.

Latest posts

Back