# 11 caps

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A while ago I wrote abt. the cap maker and not much interest developed. I have used it for a year now and while no caps were to be had I was still shooting. I have found alum. pans from the dollar store cut in strips AND doubled over make nice solid caps. I have left the primeall behind and use paper roll caps, a universal leather punch Pliers cuts the cap snug enough to hold in the cap. 4 paper caps in each give a strong spark , I also have crushed small quantities of 3f to fine powder and put a paper cap on top works well also and cheaper than the primeall. A very small drop of hair spray waterproofs them. If you get alum. roof flashing it will make a very stiff cap for putting on a revolver nipple, mine have'nt dropped off yet, very stiff. By the way, a small used pistol primer soldered onto a wire level with the crushed powder puts a nice measure for a charge before the paper cap.
coupe
I was wondering if they will work in an inline capper? I’ve emailed the company that sells the kit, but no response in 2 weeks.

If it uses #11's should work fine. Just make sure they are hot enough to lite the powder, trip 7 probably, pyrodex n black should go off easily. Mine stick a bit cause of sharp points.

Last edited:
I’ve been using the #11 cap maker for about a year, just got the #10 cap maker to see if there’s much of a difference. I prime with the prime all and I use 777 and pyrodex. It’s all going well with my rifles and only have had one misfire on my walker do to I clogged nipple from previous shot. For you guys using roll Capps we’re are you buying them from?

I get mine from TinToyArcade.com good product great price!

Check out the sportsman’s warehouse for paper caps.
I used to use them. Definitely needed to double them up. I’d push them into the cap with a wooden chop stick.

Academy Sports in NC has CCI #11 caps off and on, now. Tins of 100 for $9.99 I believe. Grafs & Sons has carried RWS #1075 caps in tins of 250, but I don’t recall the price. There was a limit of 3 tins last time I bought them.

I wanna buy 3d printed version #11 and #10 cap maker.
Saw them on peacemaker.store has anyone tried these?

I wanna buy 3d printed version #11 and #10 cap maker.
Saw them on peacemaker.store has anyone tried these?
I’m assuming these would be made from plastic. If they still use aluminum from drink cans I don’t see how they would last very long. I have they one made by 22reloader, been using for a couple years, still works just fine.

I’m assuming these would be made from plastic. If they still use aluminum from drink cans I don’t see how they would last very long. I have they one made by 22reloader, been using for a couple years, still works just fine.
After trying to find this website I couldn’t find it. You may want to do more research into this company.

It says
After trying to find this website I couldn’t find it. You may want to do more research into this company.
Don’t mean to sound negative but I couldn’t find anything either so I find it to be suspicious and may be a scam specially from overseas. I don’t see how a plastic punch can cut thru even thin aluminum without getting chewed up after punching several caps. The product description says for making “dummy” caps for dry firing and not to use as a live cap…But, please post the results.

It says

Don’t mean to sound negative but I couldn’t find anything either so I find it to be suspicious and may be a scam specially from overseas. I don’t see how a plastic punch can cut thru even thin aluminum without getting chewed up after punching several caps. The product description says for making “dummy” caps for dry firing and not to use as a live cap…But, please post the results.
I think they're legit. Grodzisk Robotics made those products and is running peacemaker.store They are selling on eBay with a 100% positive review: Feedback Profile I don't think it would be possible if the product is bad.

Interesting, but I tend to agree with bluefishjim. I’m not sure how long the plastic would last punching through aluminum cans. Please let us know how they do. Thx!
It was delivered yesterday. Thus far, everything looks promising. I'm in the process of making caps and will share the results once I have produced a substantial quantity.

Hey there, just wanted to drop a quick comment about a cap maker - I'm seriously impressed! They hooked me up with not one, but two spare cutters for each unit, a capper that holds 12 caps, a manual, and even a 20% discount for my next purchase.

I put this thing to the test and managed to whip up around 100 caps, and they turned out absolutely perfect. I have no idea what kind of plastic they're using, but it slices through cans like a hot knife through butter. After making all those caps, the cutter has a few scratches, but nothing major.

Attachments

• IMG_1.jpeg
    IMG_1.jpeg
    305 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2.jpeg
    IMG_2.jpeg
    471.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4.jpeg
    IMG_4.jpeg
    367.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5.jpeg
    IMG_5.jpeg
    350.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6.jpeg
    IMG_6.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 0
Well that is great to hear, I’m very surprised how well the plastic can do that. 👍
Must be some type of reinforced plastic that can take a beating?
Some guys try to stretch out the aluminum by punching them too close which can create distorted ones but you are spacing them just right. The pop cans are plentiful.

Latest posts

Back