16 twist 45 caliber remigton 700

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you friend! I didn't expect an answer as complete as yours! I asked the question in a general way, but I have a particular question. I have a 1:12 barrel, .358 caliber and I haven't yet discovered if it's possible to make a muzzleloader with it, as I don't know if the projectile holds such a strong twist. That's why I'm trying to find out if there is a practical limit.
Usually 14 to 16 twist. You have to fullform or order special size to shoot bore riders. I had a 35 CVA Hunter conversion. Somebody stole it. I bet they were surprised when they broke it open. I still have the smooth and fullform sizer. I'm thinking seriously of doing another one.

Good shooting, amazing plastic group! Your bullets don't look dizzy to me
I believe that 16 twist 45 cal is very doable it sure likes the HLB and 225 Fury at least this one does.
Have a lilja 45cal 16 twist waiting in the wings.
Going to shoot a couple more groups with the Fury and then try some 180 grain 40sw jhp handgun bullets I have sitting here.
Wouldn't that be something if it shot the supper light bullets well also??
There cheep to I think I paid 60.00 for 1000 from zero when I shot run and gun. That's a lifetime ago now
Now I play sit and shoot.
Having a blast.!!!
Also need to get chrono info on this load I suspect in the 2400ftsec area +/- 50
Then streadh it out to 500 yards

Ok paper patch makes sense.....
The forerunner to the sabot.
Only way to know if it will stand up is to spin it up.
The16 is about as fast as I want to spin a sabot.
I'd be interested in bullet to bore or full form
In a smaller caliber.myself
In the smaller calibers, full form would probably be your best bet.

Man must be a night owl 🦉 like me
I crash out pretty early these days & I'm at the age where I'll sleep 3-4 hrs then have to get up to pee. If I can't get right back to sleep, I'll mess around on the computer or put somethin on to watch until I fall back to sleep for a cpl more hrs. Normal gettin up time for me is 4-5am.

Intersting
Is there a paper patch thread a how to ?
Would be informative by our resident exsperts.
There is a couple on you tube ,Idaho Ron is one /Idaho Lewis is another here's some I just did for my smokeless 19 twist and some 530 gr Eliptical for the Sharps 9 LB onion skin /8 Lb Seth Cole for the Accurate 444 45/
19 twist SML and PP the 40 cal for Harvester light blue sabot and size them in the Hankins adjustable sizer , Works nice ! I can PP an undersized bullet and make a custom size for my sabot/bore rider and save on molds /Ed

Attachments

• IMG_1156[1].JPG
    IMG_1156[1].JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1157[1].JPG
    IMG_1157[1].JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back