1st day update

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spitpatch

Reaction score
This a.m. I had a 120 ish 8pt. under my stand, which by the way I turned down. And tonight at least 30 does passed under my stand and a HUGE HEAVY, 10 pt. MAGILLA with a "bladed" G2 and misc. stickers was bedded not 65 yards from my stand. I watched him for about 20 minutes and then he got up and started milling around and eventually started to drift away from me, so i gave him a soft grunt (wrong time of the year) but what the he_ _ , i was desperate!

He jumped into the timber and was gone!!! Can you say STUPID!!!???

Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever stop making these stupid mistakes! :oops:

Oh well, It's early would'nt want to miss all the fun of the rut now would I?

30 deer under my stand.... that's 60 backstraps :shock:

I actually stopped counting at 25.... :lol:

Wow, that is alot of deer! I don't even have 30 arrows! :lol: :roll:

I am sure you will get magilla! Esp. if he is bedding that close!

started to drift away from me, so i gave him a soft grunt (wrong time of the year) but what the he_ _ , i was desperate!

I would have done the same thing... I COULD have worked! You know..funny thing...When a buck HAS come to a call for me...it's always been a smallish buck....never THE one.

Thanks for the update Spit!

Just Reading your story made my heart rate speed up.....

And..
Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever stop making these stupid mistakes!

I probably never will! When it comes to Big Bucks, I just keep getting more stupid! :wall:

I don't think we have 30 deer in my county in Vermont

I am soooo envious. Heck, I spend days locating a single buck and sometimes hunt for the same one for years. Can you say low population density. Someday I'll hunt in the midwest.

Back