1st post

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traditions evolution

• good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LOVS2HUNT

Reaction score
Hi all.. I am joining this forum afer recieving my 1st muzzleoader for my birthday a couple weeks ago.. I have be doing ton of research the past few months.. And my wfe bought me the new traditions evolution.. So far I think I like it, I had a couple issues with it while shooting on Sunday.. Here's where I need some help from the pros (hopefully) The 1st 5 or so shots were fine but then I went to fire again and nothin. The fireing pin hit the cap but it did not hit normal, It sorta folded it in half?? but the following one fires fine. It did this a few times. My buddy bought the same thing and it was doing the same thing.. Please help!!!

I noted the Evolution has three different ignition systems. Since you mentioned a "cap" VS a primer I am guessing you are shooting #11 or musket caps. And when you say bent them, but did not make the gun go off, here is something that might help...

Take some Q-tips to the range with you. Stick on in you mouth. After three shots, take the Q-tip and wipe the fouling off the nipple. This will help seat the cap better and deeper onto the nipple and allow the firing pin to strike the cap harder.

If it is firing five times with no problem, then it starts to act up, it had to be either the cap (which I doubt) or the way the cap is seating on the nipple. Try that Q-tip trick and see if it helps. If not, call Traditions and tell them what it is doing. I am sure they will have a solution.

Also welcome to the forum. I did not vote in your poll because I really know very little about your rifle. It looks like a very nice rifle.

will definitally try the q tip idea.. I called traditions and they already mailed the nw nipple...

Thanks for the tip. I sure wish I could go with the 209 primer. Illegal in Oregon for hunting though.

Don't fret the fact that you can not shoot a 209 primer. I have White rifles that can shoot 209 and its legal for me to do so, yet I still choose to shoot the #11 caps. It makes the rifle go off just fine.

Welcome to the forum. If you have a question you will find an answer here. Some of these folks know ML like we know breathing.

Welcome to the forum! This is THE place to get great information that comes from guys with years of experience.

:D :)

Glad you joined us :!: Great place to hang out. :!: :!: Besides learning a thing or two, you get to laugh, read hunting stories and see plenty of pics of kinds of things. I'm sure you won't be sorry that you became a member......... :wink:

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place for information that comes from guys with years of experience. You will be happy that you joined.

Latest posts

Back