2007 Ohio muzzleloader season

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Jimmy I was freaking out alittle bit.

I'm also having it mounted. It is actually my first mount I've ever had done.

Good story!
I like the way you used a blind and a fallen tree, and went mobile when needed.
Good follow up on the bad primer.
Any ideas what caused the bad primer?

What part of the state and/or county were you hunting?
No specifics needed, just general location.
I asked a couple of hunters the same thing at a local gas station during early evening hours, different days. They both gave me the impression that I was asking for classified info!

Jimmy,

I think he mounted it in the field... based on my conversation with him later... sounded like he was relaxing with a smoke at that time. :roll: 8)

The bad primer really wasnt.. .his ULA does not fire with winchester primers. The cup is too deep for the firing pin to hit it hard enough. He inadvertantly had a vile of winchester primers and his other primers in his pocket.. loaded the gun with the wrong primer and the rest is history. :lol:

dadman said:
Good story!
I like the way you used a blind and a fallen tree, and went mobile when needed.
Good follow up on the bad primer.
Any ideas what caused the bad primer?

What part of the state and/or county were you hunting?
No specifics needed, just general location.
I asked a couple of hunters the same thing at a local gas station during early evening hours, different days. They both gave me the impression that I was asking for classified info!

Doohan is right about the primer, it was my error. I thought I'd gotten rid of all the winchester primer but I guess I missed afew.

As far as where I hunt It is exactly 1/2 way between New Madison Oh. and New Paris Oh. on my Uncles farm.

What was worse, the phone going off or the primer?

When the cell phone rang, was it easily accessible?
I had a cell phone go off in the woods last year. Seems like the loudest thing, especially if it's buried under a couple of clothing layers.

Having the other primers workedout pretty good for you.

dadman said:
What was worse, the phone going off or the primer?

When the cell phone rang, was it easily accessible?
I had a cell phone go off in the woods last year. Seems like the loudest thing, especially if it's buried under a couple of clothing layers.

Having the other primers workedout pretty good for you.

The primer by a long shot. The phone I just covered the speaker.

Back