• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO 209 conversion

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is the Orange Disc system not very good? How does it compare to the red plastic jacket?
I think they both work well enough, if you aren't shooting Blackhorn. They don’t seal well enough, for me, to reliably ignite BH209. They are pretty leaky and dirty in the breech. The red ones are easier to install and remove, otherwise i didn't see much difference.

I think they both work well enough, if you aren't shooting Blackhorn. They don’t seal well enough, for me, to reliably ignite BH209. They are pretty leaky and dirty in the breech. The red ones are easier to install and remove, otherwise i didn't see much difference.
Ok that's what I was thinking, but never having a Knight Bolt style rifle until now, story to follow in the "Inline Muzzleloading" section, I'm curious as what I should do here.

Just looking at options. I dont think either system will shoot BH209 properly. I have shelves or Pyrodex and T7 so Im good.
Snapbang, I too am wondering about options for my newly acquired Knight D.I.S.C. rifle. You all know my stance on BH209, so that will not be an issue with me. But I do like to keep things clean and if it means moving on to the a better cleaner ignition, then I want to look into it.

if youve got the DISC Extreme Red Full Plastic Jacket bolt it will go right into that bolt. If you have the Original DISC bolt (you do) that takes the Orange Plastic Jackets you can buy the Extreme bolt for $70, from Sportsmans Warehouse, instead of $163 from Knight. Just disregard the included breech plug and buy the bare primer plug from SSK when you buy the adapter.
https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...taineer-full-plastic-conversion-kit/p/1508870
Sportsmans is not listing the Extreme Bolt anymore, just the Mountaineer Bolt.

The mountaineer bolt body is the same, just jeweled and looks nicer. I put one in my Original Disc, no fitting was required. The breech plug is longer, tho and wont work in an Original or Extreme.
Ahh ok I was wondering about that. So what do you do in order to have a correct BP for the Mountaineer Bolt Body in an original DISC?

Going Crazy Homer Simpson GIF

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ahh ok I was wondering about that. So what do you do in order to have a correct BP for the Mountaineer Bolt Body in an original DISC?
Buy the Lehigh/SSK bare primer breech plug
Breech Plug Body, Bare Primer, Knight DISC Elite, Extreme, Master Hunter, and Long Range Hunter

…and their bare primer adapter
https://www.sskfirearms.com/bare-primer-adapter-knight-disc-elite-extreme.html
If you want to switch back to the FPJ red plastic jacket 209 holders all you need to do is change the breech plug and take the adapter out of the bolt nose.

Its really a simple upgrade. The hardest part is taking apart your old bolt so you can put everything into the new bolt body. Then you just drop the adapter into the new bolts nose. And replace your old breech plug with the new breech plug. The new breech plug wont wear out because it has liner that can be replaced for $4 instead of having to replace the whole breech plug. The adapter allows you to just drop a 209 into it and close the bolt. After shooting just open the bolt and tip the rifle and the fired primer will just fall out. Easy as pi.

Its really a simple upgrade. The hardest part is taking apart your old bolt so you can put everything into the new bolt body. Then you just drop the adapter into the new bolts nose. And replace your old breech plug with the new breech plug. The new breech plug wont wear out because it has liner that can be replaced for $4 instead of having to replace the whole breech plug. The adapter allows you to just drop a 209 into it and close the bolt. After shooting just open the bolt and tip the rifle and the fired primer will just fall out. Easy as pi.
Ok MM, I get it now. Buy the Mountaineer Bolt Body from Sportsmans and buy the Lehigh BP & 209 Adapter

Im just afraid I’d get this all together and then the new bolt body doesn’t work in my DISC without the “Modification” that Knight describes when ordering?

Im just afraid I’d get this all together and then the new bolt body doesn’t work in my DISC without the “Modification” that Knight describes when ordering?
There is that possibility. I think its a small one tho. Imho its worth the risk and you can undo it and send the bolt body to knight to do themod, which im pretty sure they will still do for free other than shipping.

Just ordered the Mountaineer Bolt 209 Bare Primer kit from SW, and ordered the Lehigh Bare Primer BP and Primer Adapter from SSK Industries. Fingers crossed it works in my Original Disc without mods! I'm told it can, but I'm told it won't. 🤞

Just ordered the Mountaineer Bolt 209 Bare Primer kit from SW, and ordered the Lehigh Bare Primer BP and Primer Adapter from SSK Industries. Fingers crossed it works in my Original Disc without mods! I'm told it can, but I'm told it won't. 🤞
Since youre not to far away i will help with any fitment if i can. Plus i still have some Omega stocks for you.

Latest posts

Back