.430 bullet with .429 sabot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankyou, I've shot them for years but first time the .429 was printed on the new sabots.

Not sure, I have an older package as well, nearly word for word as the new pkg but it doesn't mention a diameter.

Muzzleloader barrels aren't consistent diameters. You'll just have to try them in yours. I shoot .452 bullets in .50 x.45 sabots without issue in mine. I also use Harvester crush rib sabots, which are a little more forgiving.

is it possible that they changed the sabots?

They have at least once. I will try to remember to check my packages for diameter statement. They are 50/.44 sabots and are black in color. Will report back with either .429 or .430 or whatever it says.

T/C and/or maybe Hornady had some 50x44 sabots made in black. Most 50x44 sabots are green. All of those are MMP sabots as far as i know. If you need one that loads easier try the Harvester EZ load sabot. If you need one thats even easier to load you will need the Green Crushrib sabot.

The 2 packages of black T/C sabots I have say .429 on the upper right hand corner of the package.

I have used .430 275 and 300 grain XTPs as well as .429 270 GoldDot with equal accuracy in those sabots from a Black Diamond XR and a Renegade.

Back