.45 Cal Maxi “Hunter”

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Here is a Mold that has eluded me for a long time, I use to collect TC Molds and had about every Mold they made for all Calibers a few years back, But this .45 Maxi Hunter was like a Ghost Hunt. I only knew of 1 other person that had 1, a Friend of mine in Utah. Anyway, i was browsing some ads and found this one Brand new in the Package, i hit the “Buy it now” Button and the rest is History :D Did i really need it? NOPE, but i wanted it! :D And i got a good deal on it to boot. I plan to try it in my Rice .45 Cal 1:20 Twist first, then my GM LRH 1:30 Twist. If it shoots good, it will be a Fun Little bullet Recoil wise

GVcRuNFm.jpg
QZXgNicm.jpg

The mold pours a nice little bullet! I have these sized to .449 to “Bore Ride” in the my Rice .450 Bore
6cJNgDzl.jpg

M8BlsRnm.jpg

Here it is beside my “Rounded Lube Groove” 45 Cal TC Maxi Ball
2VYFAVOm.jpg

I've never looked at a T/C .45 Maxi before. I like that it has 4 bearing surfaces instead of three.

Nice looking little bullet. Is there a big difference between a maxi ball and maxi hunter?

Latest posts

Back