.45 knight extreme plastic stock bedding question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowbender6

Reaction score
The gun shoots about 1moa with a few fliers. The stock only has one screw so the stock moves a little. I would like to know if I can get bedding compound to stick to the plastic stock. I have done a little reading and it seems like they have mixed results. Any ideas? Thanks

Scuff it up with coarse sandpaper or score it with a blade where you will be bedding. You could also drill some shallow holes to help the bedding stay put.

flounder said:
Scuff it up with coarse sandpaper or score it with a blade where you will be bedding. You could also drill some shallow holes to help the bedding stay put.

This is what I do and drill the holes work very will for me this is one I did.

I rough up the area to accept the bedding material with 80 or 60 grit sand paper. Then take a Dremel tool with a round burr bit and use it to make some shallow grooves in the sides and then use it to sort of drill some shallow holes at angles in the bottom. When these are filled it will lock the bedding to the stock. Be sure to clean out the area with something like alchohol before filling.

Thanks that I'd exactly what i did this morning, hope it turns out

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Oh, one last thing, donut forget the release agent. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All of the above and use Devcon or JB Weld(epoxy, use gloves). Use a thickener to get it to a peanutbutter like consistency. Should work good. W

Back