45 omega value

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I run across a very nice blued omega 45 cal yesterday. Not sure of the value, they were pretty firm on 300.00. I don't really need another muzzleloader but. Is that a fair price?

I'd say so they seem to be getting harder to find, and if taken care of even harder.

I wouldn’t sale mine for $300 but I sure would buy one for that if it’s in perfect condition

The bore looked good but I would want to remove the plug and run a couple patches thru it to make sure. He said he only had it to the range once, about 5-6 shots and never mounted a scope.
Not hunted with, 98% gun

Still just a smoker with 1/28 twist. Another grand and Bestill have you a great SML. And it needs sum work anyway, like cut off and re crown the muzzle to get rid of the qla or whatever it's called thing. If you are insistent on a top of line smoker it's a good deal for a SS but I'd offer 250 just cause it's blue. Unless it is wood stock then if 98 as you say 3C be ok.

Best deal I made was a Omega X7 SS factory lam stock and peep sights for $80. Probably only fired less than 10 shots. Bore very "dusty" until I cleaned it up and it is pristine smooth, breechplug had never been cleaned and no anti-seize or ptfe tape. Got it out using soak of acetone/tran fluid at 50-50 and then apply impact wrench 1X a day until it came loose. Got it at LGS as it was part of large estate firearms consignment. The stuck breech plug = the LGS guys never could get it out, they are mostly "black rifle kind of guys" really killed the $250 list price, kinda like I was just buying the lam stock.

My opinion and experience, others will be different. W

Whatever you do... DO NOT GOOGLE IMAGE "t&C omega" without the words "inline "or "muzzleloader" with it!

Sounds like an OK price to me. Omegas are great rifles. I have 3 of them. Two .50 cals and one .45 cal. All are 1-28 twist. All of them are shooters. I don't think you can go wrong.

Latest posts

Back