45 super disc scope recommendation

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took very good care of this gun and it has around 300 rounds on her as she is set up now total around 700 rounds on the barrel it was shooting 3/4 in groups at 100 YDS with 110gr BH209 HBCR sabot and Barns 195GR Mz and CCI209M primer with the scope on it. Glade you like it take care her.

I will. I am going to use the scope that came with it for a bit. For those who inquired, I have a 364 yrd range out my back door. I hunt the refuge area only when I have a unburned buck tag. Which is not often. I use shooting sticks , and will only shoot if rock solid. I'm going to look at the vortex in person tomorrow.

We are about as far apart as possible. Which is ok.

18" ? Narrow that down to the actual quick kill zone and not one that allows the blood to pool inside the animal prior it to leaving an excellent blood trail, or a shot that allows an animal to run far enough on to neighboring property. We'll let the affects of wind go.

If you're shooting 300yds at a whitetail, or any animal for that matter, and don't have time to dial, don't take a "Hail Mary" shot! THAT is why so many animals are lost every year. Hunters shooting AT game instead of between "2 hairs". Its the most common mistake hunters make and a lot of game is lost every year because of that mistake.

"I PUT IT RIGHT ON THE BOILER ROOM AND WE COULDN'T FIND THAT DEER. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW WE LOST THAT DEER. THE SHOT WAS RIGHT IN THE BOILER ROOM".

Shot placement is EVERYTHING on game. Now if you have hash marks in the scope and KNOW the range of each, its not necessary to dial for some seasoned shooters. But if you don't have time, don't take the shot.
Well im a pretty seasoned shooter thats routinely shot much Further for a killing shot . My shooting partner for Years and honestly a teacher too was a Vietnam Sniper ranked #2 by the US Govt . I sincerely doubt you will teach me much on that subject .
The info i provided about the scope , deer thorax , and mans dimensions was more than enough to be understood if Anybody actually CAN Shoot as it applies readily . Thats pretty clear . Much is becoming clearER as time goes on too......

Last edited:
Well im a pretty seasoned shooter thats routinely shot much Further for a killing shot . My shooting partner for Years and honestly a teacher too was a Vietnam Sniper ranked #2 by the US Govt . I sincerely doubt you will teach me much on that subject .
The info i provided about the scope , deer thorax , and mans dimensions was more than enough to be understood if Anybody actually CAN Shoot as it applies readily . Thats pretty clear . Much is becoming clearER as time goes on too......

It matters not rather you're a seasoned shooter, nor who might have taught you.
And I'm not trying to teach you anything because you already know it.
The quick kill zone on a whitetail isn't 18" and to make new shooters/hunters even think that, is just flat out wrong. All that's going to do is cause a lot of grief for inexperienced shooters/hunters, along with many lost animals. Quite frankly, there are to many now shooting AT an animal, instead of "between hairs" at a spot on the animal. That's why the woods are absolutely full of unrecovered whitetails.
We're not talking about a man, so that subject should just be dropped. Actually IMO there was no reason to bring it up in the first place.
There's very few on this site that regularly shoot long range. Long range is beyond 200yds, which IIRC was agreed upon when the long range section was established. I have no clue how many muzzleloader rounds you've sent to 300yds, but you certainly have my interest. 1X for every 100yds? Well I'm willing to travel to watch you shoot an apple at 300yds on 3X with your muzzleloader.
So lets start being a little real with answers for some of these questions being asked. Near 100% of the top shooters on this site, certainly are not going to hunt and shoot at animals at 300yds with a 3X scope and be ACCURATE with their shot placement. Shot placement is EVERYTHING.
So when someone is trying to learn and asking questions about scopes for shots to 300yds or beyond, there's a lot more education can be given.
Yes, things are becoming clearer as time goes on.....

It matters not rather you're a seasoned shooter, nor who might have taught you.
And I'm not trying to teach you anything because you already know it.
The quick kill zone on a whitetail isn't 18" and to make new shooters/hunters even think that, is just flat out wrong. All that's going to do is cause a lot of grief for inexperienced shooters/hunters, along with many lost animals. Quite frankly, there are to many now shooting AT an animal, instead of "between hairs" at a spot on the animal. That's why the woods are absolutely full of unrecovered whitetails.
We're not talking about a man, so that subject should just be dropped. Actually IMO there was no reason to bring it up in the first place.
There's very few on this site that regularly shoot long range. Long range is beyond 200yds, which IIRC was agreed upon when the long range section was established. I have no clue how many muzzleloader rounds you've sent to 300yds, but you certainly have my interest. 1X for every 100yds? Well I'm willing to travel to watch you shoot an apple at 300yds on 3X with your muzzleloader.
So lets start being a little real with answers for some of these questions being asked. Near 100% of the top shooters on this site, certainly are not going to hunt and shoot at animals at 300yds with a 3X scope and be ACCURATE with their shot placement. Shot placement is EVERYTHING.
So when someone is trying to learn and asking questions about scopes for shots to 300yds or beyond, there's a lot more education can be given.
Yes, things are becoming clearer as time goes on.....
You addressed me directly . What anothers skill level is isnt the issue here . Fact is the scopes abilities direcly correspond to a deer or man . Its a Military scope must i remind you ??? Glad You Think youre the only 1 that knows or can shoot . Im also building my own , My Hands , sml/sub rifle along with Home improvements scheduled for weather break . If finances hold out you can drive a bit "Further" to "just see" Aint Nobody Shakin Here . I gave my 2 cents encore . You couldnt leave that there . You Surely Aint my Daddy either . Glad you set a few "Jr" engineers straight . Your Not Touchin This One . Let THAT BE CLEAR . Leave it ........

Last edited:
Being an Ex Marine Vietnam veteran i'm going to throw two cents in here and say how the hell is a sniper ranked and by who's terms, my BS meter is alerted. I have heard and saw most so called snipers shoot i'm not impressed when people say such. I have killed many deer with mz at long range 300 plus. you need to dial the scope and be able to see the animal besides and know the distance at least in 25 yds increments anything else and you won't place the shot. The hold over BS doesn't work. Next you need a damn bullet that will expand at that distance, what worked with center fire doesn't apply so leave the snipers out of it

45--70 please dont start too . I believe ive heard quite enough from the "experts" Here . Who Rates Them ?????? My meters Been ringin.....
Im am DONE with this

Last edited:
Back