.458 dia Barnes "X" bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't chrono my load... I really wish I had and plan to this weekend. The oppurtunities I have to shoot at game past 200 yds are few. This would be my up close and "tear the snot out of anything hit with it" load. I think the BC for the 350-X bullet is .402. Did you discount this bullet simply for long range disadvantages?

Yeah pretty much Jim, I gotta take into account the fact that I am too lazy to stalk and being the undisciplined slob hunter that I am I have to be satisfied with poking them at unethical ranges. :lol:
I do think for your plans though it will be an excellent bullet.
BTW, JJ thinks I am grumpy, can you believe that? 8)

Rifleman said:
Aha! You got me! I gotta look out for the little feller! :lol:

I can see why...

3chucky.gif

:shock: :lol: :lol:

Rifleman said:
Patrick where did you get a video of my bathroom mirror? :lol:

I don't remember. Maybe it was Homeland Security? :? They are really checking everyone out these days. :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

VENISONEATR said:
I didn't chrono my load... I really wish I had and plan to this weekend. The oppurtunities I have to shoot at game past 200 yds are few. This would be my up close and "tear the snot out of anything hit with it" load. I think the BC for the 350-X bullet is .402. Did you discount this bullet simply for long range disadvantages?

Please report back with the results after you buzz your skyscreens with that one. With that load the 350 might not be such a slouch, and I don't think your group looks too bad, either.

Latest posts

Back