.57 cal Aquabus

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Brown

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the .57 Aquabus replica? I'm having the darndest time finding balls or ball molds for it. I'd love to just get it drilled out to .58 so I can run my civil war balls through it. So far, I've had no luck finding a gun smith in Las Vegas that will drill it out

Anyone have any experience with the .57 Aquabus replica? I'm having the darndest time finding balls or ball molds for it. I'd love to just get it drilled out to .58 so I can run my civil war balls through it. So far, I've had no luck finding a gun smith in Las Vegas that will drill it out
What is an Aquabus? Have you got some pics? I would love to see it.

Shoot, i could only find info about AquaBus Ferries in Vancouver. Do you mean ‘Arquebus’? Sorry i dont know squat about older guns but im always interested in them.

Very cool reproduction of a historical weapon! The Veteran Arms catalog spells it "arquebus," which clears up the confusion. Hopefully you can find some ammo for it soon, and let us know how it shoots!

I saw pictures of one years ago, but that is one intriguing gun. Looks like it could be a devil on the wrist.

I saw pictures of one years ago, but that is one intriguing gun. Looks like it could be a devil on the wrist.
I've got a period correct shooting rest. I got it with my .75 caliber matchlock musket I got from Middlesex Village trading company.

Attachments

• spanish-arquebusier-1500s-AGBA6R.jpg
    spanish-arquebusier-1500s-AGBA6R.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 0
  • Matchlock-musket-right-800x800.jpg
    Matchlock-musket-right-800x800.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 0
Back