.58 Cal Hard Card OP Wads

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
This might be of interest to some of you .58 Cal BIG bore guys, Circle Fly Nitro Cards as use for OP Wads, the 24 Gauge wads measure .590-.591, Should be ideal for .58 Cal? Probably won’t be til spring before I’ll get a chance to try these but i am Confident they will work

LqRdOBi.jpg

fODcJck.jpg

There is a Circle Fly Wad for about every Caliber made, These are actually for BP Shotgun but have been used by lots of guys in Muzzleloaders with Conicals. For .45 Cal there is a .460 Diameter, for .50 Cal a .510 Diameter, for .54 Cal the 28 Gauge measures .558 (little big, but i know they work good for .54 Cal) And these .24 Gauge for .58 Cal at .590-.591

They come in 500, and 1,000 a bag, And are fairly cheap at under 7 bucks for 500, And Better deals than that other places.

I have tried the 28 gauge ones in my tc 54 cal Hawken, but not enough testing to know much yet.

shguns said:
I have tried the 28 gauge ones in my tc 54 cal Hawken, but not enough testing to know much yet.

Forum member, and friend of mine Harleysboss uses the 28 Gauge Nitro Cards in his .54 with good luck. He and i shot together here at my place last year, i loaded some of the 28 Gauge Cards, they went down nice and tight, but not overly hard. I like the idea that you can easily split these Nitros in half, or even quarters, you can literally adjust the OP Wad and find what works the best in your rifle? I have found that an OP wad can be of BIG improvement, or even go the other way and make a bad thing worse

Latest posts

Back