.58 cal Target

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is the target I shot with my .58 flinter that I plan on using for the PA primitive season opening up after Christmas.  If I miss it won't be the rifle's fault.
58_gm_10.jpg

Found the pic and uploaded it for you directly from our forum img server. :Red tup:

Hi , not being critical , just asking ,  but I see at least seven holes in the picture ..so just to show that I am just an" ole country boy" I guess that the holes nearest to the low off centre group are the ones the count in the picture , and i would like to know if the group was shot offhand or from the bench .. Seems most posters when giving us a picture the admire also forget to  say whether it was shot offhand or not , makes a world of difference (fore me) ... rob

A little adjustment or good old "Kentucky Windage" and your looking good.  With that good shooting join in one of the Postal Matches we hold.

Actually guys that was off the bench and this was the first time out with that new barrel.  The 2 real low shots were the first and second as I was getting it close. If you read the narrative you can see that shot 7 which was a little left of the group was with a different patch and ball.

bronko22000 said:
Actually guys that was off the bench and this was the first time out with that new barrel.  The 2 real low shots were the first and second as I was getting it close. If you read the narrative you can see that shot 7 which was a little left of the group was with a different patch and ball.
Hi, Bronko22000 , when i read your first post I did not see the little red numbers and there was nothing in the "narratrive" to indicate that you were sighting in a new load or barrel.. 
 i must say sorry if I came across as an A hole ,, but i do like to see small groups especially shot offhand which to me demonstrate the skill of the shooter in doing all the work required to get the gun to the state where if can deliver the goods  and  the personal skill needed to keep them all together ..
 Off the bench is a different ball game , I concede that ,  that also takes a lot of skill .. must have got out of bed on the wrong side when i posted my first comment.. Rob

Back