6 point buck, pheasant, and a black bear

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Sparhawk

Reaction score
20190917_215544.jpg 20190917_215551 (1).jpg I took the buck with our beagals and my dad a decade or so ago before my injury with my old Remington pump shotgun. I took the pheasant last year with my .22 cal pellet gun (I live next door to quail and pheasant reserve) at a distance of 15 to 20 feet. I was squirrel hunting one day around ten years ago and sat down for a break. A few minutes went by and I heard something running and there he was, he turned while I through my .22 rifle up and pulled the trigger. I shot him directly in his temple. I know it's hard to believe, but I literally took this bear (running) with a .22 rifle. I have always been kind of lucky when it comes to hunting and fishing. And even though I am in a wheelchair now, I still consider myself to get lucky in my hobbies and enjoy every day the best I can. Why be bitter or angry, live life to the fullest. I enjoy this site a lot. Thanks for reading and your likes laddies and gents.

Latest posts

Back