90+ Days To Fort Sill Muzzleloader Deer Season

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fort Sill conventional muzzleloader deer season will open on/about 15 October. 

Got a new (to me) .50 barrel for my New Englander.   First  New Englander barrel i ever seen with good sights.

sounds like a fun hunt! Should be able to put your sights on something with the base killing off the hogs.

Should be able to put your sights on something with the base killing off the hogs.
There are still hogs in some areas, not nearly as many as previously. 

BTW:  i recently talked with a shooter who has killed thousands of hogs from helicopters.   He says  hogs in some areas are wising up, holding tight in swamps and thickets and refusing to run when helos come over.

falcon said:
He says  hogs in some areas are wising up, holding tight in swamps and thickets and refusing to run when helos come over.
Hogs are smart .. kinda like coyotes. 
I had a pet pig that slept on the Welcome mat outside of the front door. He would come just by calling and I taught him to roll over too. When he got to about 350 lbs., he was big enough to ride. I'd straddle him and then sit down and hold tight with my legs. He'd spin to throw me off .. which he always did.

Back