A picture of some of my treasures

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Jackie Brown 20ga fowler and matching 20ga pistol along with my "Trappers Companion" hawk.

Jackie_a_pair3.JPG

Lobo...you my friend have a museum there...some of the finest BP's and gear I have ever seen....I just went to a antique gun show and I must say you have much better than what they had to offer...You are a traditional mountain man in all respects...I wish I was closer as I would love to see it all in person....be well my friend

This is my Tulle, a 20ga Fusil de chase by CenterMark. The powder horn with the rawhide repair was made by Mike Miller, shooting bag from Larry Callahan.

Fusil%201.JPG

WOW:   You darn sure some have some ((( Breath Taking Treasures ))). I don`t think I have ever seen any collection, of your quality level. I am a New Guy here and just trying to get started in BP Shooting Game. I have a Lyman 54CAL Percussion Great Plains Rifle, that was given to me by my best ever shooting partner. He is in real bad health now and in reality, He is dieing. Dam I just hate to admitt that, and He said He wanted me to have his favorite BP Rifle. He did some, to me butatifull Sliver Enlay work on the stock in several places. Not in the quality level as yours. But His rifle will always be very special to me, and I am very proud to take it to the range and shoot it. This Rifle is my BP Treasure, and always will be. I will pass it on to my Son when I am gone. I am sorry if I got long winded, and I hope I didn`t bore any of you on my first post.
ken

no kidding, breath taking treasures is again, an understatement LOL.

Cpt-t, Welcome to the forum as well! I see that you are new here. I am also sorry to hear about your buddy being in poor health. Keep that rifle in top shape and honor him by putting it to use and making memories that will last a life time.

Jonathan

Cpt-t you've got a good'n there with that .54 Plains rifle.  :Red tup:  That was my first real good muzzleloader.  It's took a bunch of deer and I still have it. This is me back in the 70's on an Elk hunt in Montana with that rifle.

Montanna_Trapper1.jpg

Here's a better picture of it.

Buffalo%20_hunter.JPG

Lobo is a like a friggin museum! Only his stuff is a lot nicer and more plentiful!

Thankee kindly   :bow:   One of the perks of bein old is you have years of accumulating stuff  :lol:

A couple of different items in this picture is the Spanish Trade knife by C.L. Matteo and the copy of Danial Boone's brother Squire Boone's tomahawk also by C.L Matteo. He copied it from the original which is in the museum.

00small19506441.JPG

This is the original. C.L. photographed and measured it before he made my copy

Anderson_03.jpg

I think the word "treasures" aptly describes them all.

Outstanding collection, thanks for sharing!! 

What's your favorite load for that 20ga. Fowler?  I just got meself one!!

I just realized, I've been enjoying your pictures on a couple of trad archery sites for quite a few years!!

"What's your favorite load for that 20ga. Fowler?  I just got meself one!!"

I've got two 20's and I usually like 80 sometimes 90gr's of 2ff behind a 595 patched ball. If I'm usin shot I load 10gr's more shot than powder. I load the same in my 12ga flinter.

80gr's of 2ff is plenty, These two deer were taken with one shot from my 20ga with 80gr's. The ball went through the 1st deer and almost through the 2nd one. Ball was recovered just under the hide on the off side. It earned the gun the name of "Ole Two-fer"

00small46049317.JPG

Back