Addicted to Walnut T/C

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just bought this over on the campfire, for some reason I can quit buying these Walnut stocked Black Diamonds, hate the thought of someone getting them and then ruining them by neglect.
Bore is supposed to be pristine bought gun w/o scope.
Well just seen that didn't work pic doesn't come up when I click on link try this one
click on photo link in ad, it wont show pic if I paste link for photo.

ttps://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13518295/re-tc-black-diamond-50-cal-muzzle-loader#Post13518295

Last edited:
Bully for you! I love my Diamonds too. Finally got my Super 45XR into a walnut stock, just like her big Sis, a 50 cal XR Only took 4 years looking...
Superb rifles. Definately high on the list of TC's best, along with the Omega and Thunder Hawk. Got walnut on my Thunder Hawk too! <:)

Doesn't seem many people like the old muzzys w/non removable breech plugs or old tech but I actually prefer them unless shooting BH209.
Give me a plunger gun or Omega style any day over a break barrel any day.. I'm done buying Black Diamonds/Firehawks now as Ive got .45,.50 and .54 in walnut plus a .50 with synthetic stock.

I think Dean is giving the rest of us a chance to own one of these fine muzzleloaders. Maybe.

I am EXACTLY the same way with the TC Hawken’s and Renegades, Tough to walk off and leave 1 behind :)

I'm with you Ed. I haven't fired my Renegade yet. Been threatening to, but .... I love wood on guns. They were meant to have wood stocks and whoever spoiled it by sticking plastic on a gun should be lynched. Half of why I went on my search for another Renegade was the desire for the feel of a wood stock and not a laminated wood stock....they laminates are right up there with plastic in my book. lol

Okie really nice looking Black Diamond, that's the way all muzzleloaders should look.

Bingo! Those laminates look like pants legs seen on old Dean Martin/Sammy Davis movies during the hippie era or candy stripe carpeting in a 50's era kitchen.

Bingo! Those laminates look like pants legs seen on old Dean Martin/Sammy Davis movies during the hippie era or candy stripe carpeting in a 50's era kitchen.

lol i like Laminates. I absolutley hate black plastic stocks !Although there is nothing nicer looking than a nice piece of Walnut .Very nice gun.

I found a Black Diamond in a pawn shop a while ago for $100.00 but the thing was a rust bucket. AND it wore that black plastic. Had it been wood I think I would have sprung for it and cleaned it up. Maybe would have even had it polished a bit and re-blued. If memory serves me it was a .45. I did come across an old, like a 1970 type of old, .45 T/C Hawken but the gun had some serious abuse applied to it and I passed given what was being asked. My inlines all have the nylon stocks and that's fine but if I find any other muzzies to buy they'll be wearing wood. I'm retired as a carpenter and natural wood is just in my blood. I love the way it looks and feels.

Latest posts

Back