After Deer Season Ends... Who still shoots inlines?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here in Michigan, I halt shooting until late March or early April. When we start getting a few mid-day hours in the 50s temperature range, I'll take a ride to the state-governed shooting range.

I must first have my Traditions sidehammer worked-on. Both the tang bolt and the bolster screw on the drum need to be easy-outed. Traditions.com has mailed me both items already. I also want to try-out a bare primer breechplug I got from Knight Rifles and my new bulk 50-pk box of Hornady FTX 200gr in 44-cal. Those I'm shooting out of my Omega.

I'll also be trying out two CP products for use up-north, when I'm gone for a week or-so hunting (I hope). Both items contain a cleaner and protectant, not a Lube.
1) T/C-17 patches (100-pk)
2) Butch's Blackpowder Bore Shine (liquid)

The Butch's contents I will transfer to a small plastic 2oz spray bottle I have. These two products remove any rusting worries I have about my daily-swabbings of my bore, during the entire week up-north - in generally humid conditions. I'll be shooting my guns during hunting season twice every day.... after morning and evening hunts. The powder will be real black (Goex FFF).

Id like to try varmint\ small game hunting after deer season but I'd need to find a small caliber traditional percussion ml, not sure what to get or how small, if anyone has something that fits the bill let me know I'm looking!!!

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

I just enjoy shooting the black powder weapons so I will continue to shoot as long as ice doesn't form in the beard.

Latest posts

Back