american pioneer powder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buck hunter

Reaction score
Hi every one I was thinking about buying some of this american pioneer powder, and trying it out, but thought I would try to get some opinions from other people that have tried it, or heard about it. I understand that the # 1 feature of it is very clean burning, and that you do not have to clean your muzzle loader, after shooting it thanks for your info.

If you search here for american pioneer you will find some good info.

Yes it is clean compared to blackpowder and some black powder substitutes. NO, it is not non-corrosive. It will rust/corrode your gun.

The APP will draw moisture easyer than say 777 or pyrodex
and yes it will corr/rust gust as much as any other.

Ron G.

I am thinking for the sake of cleaning the breech plug and the rest of the gun you can shoot more shots from it and not have to worry about the breech plug seizing up I am also wondering is it as hot as triple 7 and pyrodex or the same.

I shoot APP in my black powder shotgun because it gives me more shots before I have to swab the barrel. APP is a good powder, but it does not work in all rifles. All you can do is try it and see how it works for you.

APP is not a hot as 777 and was very inconsistant for me, as much as I liked how clean it was I finally gave up on it.

Back