Another New Bullet Test (Accurate Molds #51-450M)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis1

Reaction score
Accurate Molds #51-450M, This is My Version of the Bullshop Bullet, in the Beginning i sent an Original Bullshop .504-460 To Accurate Molds and had Tom Duplicate it, I went with an Aluminum Mold, The Bullet ended up Shooting AWESOME just like the Original, Over the last few Years I decided to Replace my Aluminum Molds with Steel, And in Doing so i had a Few slight Changes made to the Bullets. I did away with the Bevel Base, and Taper Design, Since i Size Bullets on a “Per Bore” Basis, There is Simply no need for a Taper Design.

Target from the Video above
6VmoHNFl.jpg

The New Steel Mold
CK7HYVVl.jpg

KM7HQ1Sl.jpg

Cool range report Idaholewis!
Great looking mold. Any particular reason why you prefer steel vs. aluminum?
I enjoyed your 3rd shot...it was just like hunting. The entire season can come to a decision within 60 seconds. Nice shooting. 👍

Nice shooting, nice looking bullet.
Did you lube the bullets?

Sorry about the REALLY late reply Hylander, I haven’t been on here in awhile. To answer your question, Yes i lubed the Bullets before Shooting them, I can’t remember now if i was using my own Lube mixture, or Jonathan’s Anti Rust, and Patch Lube? I use it as well, With VERY Good Results 👍

Wow, that is great shooting with the peep sight. What are the inserts? peep sight inserts? What peeps?

Great video and photos!

Back