Another successful day in the woods

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
The morning started out quite windy. 5 minutes after I settled into my blind a mulie doe and a fawn walk by at about 40 yds. They had no idea I was there. 5 minutes later a large mulie buck came by in same place. He must have winded me as he stopped and stood there for several minutes looking directly at my blind. He finally turned and trotted back the way he came. This was all before legal shooting time and I don't have a buck tag or want to shoot a doe this morning. 15 minutes pass and out comes a mulie doe with twins. They spend several minutes grazing and walking and go by at about 40 yds. Shortly after 9 does and fawns go by in the same place. A few single go by and then I see 2 whitetail does and 2 fawn come trotting towards me but they slip into so brush. A fifth whitetail does come along and stops and eats in the very spot where I dropped a mulie doe last week. Have another cup of coffee and a small whitetail doe comes out and races by me. Things slow down for a while and in a half hour I suddenly see a set of antlers about a small hill about 140 yds away. Then another and another. In all 5 white tail bucks walk by. Most are spikes and basket buck. The largest is a 4 x 4 but not very big. They all got a pass as they're not the one that I'm looking for and not the one I know is in the area. In all there were 17 mulies and 11 whitetail that pass my blind in an hour. All seemed nervous, probably because of the wind. My partner came to get me and we drove to a remote area of the pasture where there are some large hills we use as a backstop. He had a target he wanted to shot at with rifle and I wanted to dump the load in mine. On the way saw 3 more whitetail does. All in all it was another successful day in the woods :).

Back