Opening Day Muzzleloader success!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was in the stand about 20 minutes Saturday morning when this guy walked right past me! Shot him with a Traditions Vortek Strikerfire (.50) shooting a 250 gr Hornady SST and 70 gr (by weight) Triple 7 FFG powder. He ran just shy of 100 yards. And I don't care how good of shape you are in, dragging deer still sucks!!! But I am elated to fill one of my buck tags so early!!!!

Attachments

• 20231104_093235.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 2
  • 20231104_083539.jpg
    20231104_083539.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
I was in the stand about 20 minutes Saturday morning when this guy walked right past me! Shot him with a Traditions Vortek Strikerfire (.50) shooting a 250 gr Hornady SST and 70 gr (by weight) Triple 7 FFG powder. He ran just shy of 100 yards. And I don't care how good of shape you are in, dragging deer still sucks!!! But I am elated to fill one of my buck tags so early!!!!
Nice buck, congrats

Congrats. Get yourself a 2 wheeled deer cart or one of them plastic roll ups or sleds. Either are much easier than the old school way of grabbin the horns or tying a rope drag & gettin to pullin. That does suck. I had to get the cart bc I can't drag them out any longer. I leave the noisy cart a ways away from where I hunt.

I always much preferred getting the deer gutted and out of the woods; I want to do my butchering in a cleaner place. Congratulations on an "eye-popping" buck.

I lived in Charlottesville for 10 years and hunted in Buckingham county.

Back