Any 209 primers for my cva optima

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 25578

Reaction score
Hello everyone i'm having quite an issue finding 209 primers for my cva optima v2. Any one have any suggestions ? Im not too concerned about spending a few bucks if that's whats going to take!!

Do you know anyone that reloads shotshells? Ask around and you may find someone willing to "loan" you a pack.
Otherwise, there aren't many to be found. Maybe GB, but that's too high dollar for me.

Thank you however i'm new to this and not quite sure what you mean by GB lol.

Welcome from Oklahoma.
I had the same problem last year.
I bought the Northwest breech plug kit for my Optima pistol and converted it to musket caps, which are more readily available.

If you miss out on MIdway... sign up for an account there... then put a watch notice on the item you want, and they'll email when its back in stock... rinse and repeat for every place you can find on the internet that sells primers/reloading supplies... you'll get emails when they are instock and have the best chance of getting what you need...

Or like other guys suggested, go to your local range... get to know folks and mention your need. I'd bet you'd be pleasantly surprised when you make the right friend.

Hello everyone i'm having quite an issue finding 209 primers for my cva optima v2. Any one have any suggestions ? Im not too concerned about spending a few bucks if that's whats going to take!!
I've been out of loop for bit but I've never had issues finding I still have 2 boxes gona need restocking soon but maybe sportsman guide might have them good luck

Northern Utah according to his new member introduction post.

If you miss out on MIdway... sign up for an account there... then put a watch notice on the item you want, and they'll email when its back in stock... rinse and repeat for every place you can find on the internet that sells primers/reloading supplies... you'll get emails when they are instock and have the best chance of getting what you need...

⬆️ This! ⬆️

I’ve gotten bricks (1K) of various sized primers, powder, dies, etc. doing this throughout the madness of the last couple years.

Prices have gone up, but you can still find deals that are far more attractive than the auction sites…

Research and some preparation go a long way toward keeping your money in your pocket! 👍

BEWARE OF ALL THE SCAM SITES CLAIMING TO HAVE POWDER AND PRIMERS. THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF THEM POPPING UP ALL OVER THE INTERNET. THEY'LL POST FAKE FFL NUMBERS AND LOOK LEGIT BUT, THEY'RE SCAMS, ESPECIALLY THOSE WITH A PO BOX. EVEN WITH AN ADDRESS, GOOGLE THE ADDRESS AND DO A STREET VIEW. MOST OF THOSE PLACES WILL END UP BEING APPARTMENT COMPLEXES AND PRIVATE HOMES. BUYER BEWARE!

Fortunately things seem to be easing up a bit. Midway has had the 209A primers in stock for the last couple of weeks. They have also had BH209 in stock three times in the last two weeks. I have been able to stock up on both fairly easily with the “notification” function.

These days I would not even think about buying on any website that I did not already do business with.

I drove an hour and a half away to get 250 RWS 1075 caps... I don't shoot that often, so I am hoping that they will hold me for a while...also hoping that 1075 will be hot enough to ignite 777. I was hoping for 1075 plus but nobody had those.

Latest posts

Back