Anyone tryed the new CVA ACCURA ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoyoteHunter

Reaction score
Hi
I'm thinking of getting another muzzleloader and this one just cought my eye and was just wondering if anyone has got there hands on one.

Joe

There is a standing offer from Lane of free tubes to anyone that buys an Accura and posts a range report here. The only user review I've found is at Cabela's and the review itself leaves a LOT to be desired.

I've never been impressed by the design of the CVA optima or optima pros. Just don't like the long hammer throw and the flimsy break open lever design. I had the opportunity to handle a couple accuras at a gun store up in PA. The accura is a distinct improvement on both cases. The break open mechanism is like the TC encore, on the trigger guard. The hammer throw is distinctly shorter than the optimas. What impressed me the most was the trigger pull. Neither were over 3 lbs and both were nice and crisp. Price was very reasonable also. Other than that, they were just a simple break open style ML. As long as they're tight and have a decent barrel, can't see any reason why these won't shoot.

Joe

I would also suggest you get the ACCURA with the thumb hole stock. These seem to handle the recoil much better than the swept pistol grip :wink:

And those 100 powder tubes are ready to go...All ya have to do is buy the Accura, and gives us some test results :D :) 8)

You can see both sizes of the powder storage tubes by clicking on the link at the bottom of my signature block 8)

I think i'm going to wait a bit longer to get one and see what other reviews come up and thanks for the link Underclocked i will read it

Joe

The only review I found on cabelas on the acura wasn't that bad.

"Bought this new CVA last week. Had my heart set on a Thompson when I walked in the store but after comparing the two I went with the ACCURA. Ran about twenty rounds through it at the range with open sights. The accuracy is everything they promised it would be. This was especially true when I ran the Beltline bullets through it. My last three shots at 50 yds were within 3 inches one of which was in the black. I only took four shots at 100 yds and I can't say I did as well partly because of the front fiber optic sight. For whatever reason the front sight was not glowing like fiber optics are supposed to and it made it a little tougher to see than it should have. I contacted the folks at CVA and they said they had not heard that complaint so maybe I am the only one. They said they would send me a new one so we will see. Otherwise I found this to be a great shooter and can't wait to get out and hunt with it."

Underclocked said:
The only user review I've found is at Cabela's and the review itself leaves a LOT to be desired.

Good man UC! What do you have in mind, blue/black, ss/black or ss/camo?

I didnt know they had a sale going on, have to check that out.

dun dun it. SS/black. Weaver S-418 bases coming from Numrich (hope they fit).

Hope I get all these Hanna Montana videos downloaded for Batchief before the rifle gets here. :wink:

Underclocked said:

Hope I get all these Hanna Montana videos downloaded for Batchief before the rifle gets here. :wink:

Trade ya some Powerbelts and Pyro pellets for them videos.... :lol: :lol:

Batchief909 said:
Underclocked said:

Trade ya some Powerbelts and Pyro pellets for them videos.... :lol: :lol:

Prozac an Oxycontin is on you,,,though.... 8) :wink: :lol:

Underclocked said:

And I thought for SURE, that the ALLOY receiver, would keep you from buying this newfangled muzzy :shock: :p :p :wink:

It will be interesting to hear Underclocked comments on the rifle and its quality. Also Batchchief's review of the Hanna Montana movies should be interesting as well...

cayuga said:
It will be interesting to hear Underclocked comments on the rifle and its quality. Also Batchchief's review of the Hanna Montana movies should be interesting as well...

Will this Review be rated PG-13 ? :p :lol: :wink:

Dave, your Freudian rename of Bat was close - just one letter off. 8)

Lane, dat alloy dern near put da brakez on muh cravin butt ah hadta go fer it. Ah also bot a Denali oncet. :roll:

Latest posts

Back