Apex & Optima today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are very welcome & there are several very helpful intelligent people om here to help you......most, much smarter than me. I just apply what I find in real world shooting & pass it on. Nice to hear that your daughter is getting into the sport :) Anything that ANY of us can do to help.....just yell :) Keep us posted on your Apex & good luck!!

I am very happy with my 50cal Apex it shoots everything I put through it very accurate.

Has any Apex owners needed a oversized hinge pin? My Apex does seem to have a slight bit of play from side to side when opened. Oh, by the way, I may not be a big fan of powerbelts, but the 250 aerolites are an extremely accurate bullet out of the Apex. Just another projectile to think about.

My 308 apex pin is very tight in the frame I have to tap it out with a brass punch and my muzzy is not as tight but not loose. sometimes a break action can feel like its loose side to side when open but its really moving up and down some.

Tony said:
Has any Apex owners needed a oversized hinge pin? My Apex does seem to have a slight bit of play from side to side when opened. Oh, by the way, I may not be a big fan of powerbelts, but the 250 aerolites are an extremely accurate bullet out of the Apex. Just another projectile to think about.
My Apex has a very tight barrel to frame fit. I have to force it open all the way as it doesn't just drop down when I hit the release. This is with the 45-70 barrel on it of course though.

My Apex free falls when I break it open. I may opt to get a hinge pin from Bellm.

I wouldn't worry about if its hard or easy to open, its how tight it fits in the barrel lug as well as the frame. If you can push the pin through either one easily, then that indicates you need an over sized pin.

:D :)

GregK,

Keep shootin' buddy and posting your reports. We all can benefit from extra info. Every little bit helps..... :cheers:
Those groups you have been posting are all kill shots on deer, elk, bear and hogs and yotes. Reading and seeing some one elses success really helps when your having trouble or have doubts about a load or bullet or primer.

Thanks again,

Ray......... ;)

Thanks Ray. I love to shoot, learn, & share & I hope that I NEVER come off as a "Know it all" because there are guys on here that have forgotten more than I'll ever know.

Latest posts

Back