APEX SABOTLESS 300 yrds.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvilorio1

Reaction score
Well I had to try it and since some bet me it could not be done with a regular ML, what can I do. First let me say that this was sabotless, so like I stated before I removed the weak link in the load which is the sabot, and by doing that it shoots a lot better. I don't believe I have use any sabots in quite a while. The gun was already sighted in from a previous time, so all I did was just shoot. The hardest thing was figuring out the POA, but once I did, it was a piece of cake. Here are the stats.
APEX 45 cal. ML ( not smokeless)
BUSHNELL DOA 250
DNZ MOUNTS
BH 209, 110 GR.
FIOCCHI 616 209 PRIMERS
PT GOLD'S 260 GR. KNURL UP
WOOL WADS.
300 YRDS TARGET

Well here it is four shot. First shot after I figured the POA is the low one, I adjusted the POA a bit and fire three more.
APEX300YRDS001.jpg

I know some one is going to ask why I do this, and the answer is this. I do it to help you guys and show you guys it can be done, and since I do go hunting some places out west where the distance are greater than here and specially in IL, where the corn fields go for ever, and if the trophy of a life time happens to come out and stay that far, I want to know that the guns is capable of reaching out that far.
CArlos

Curious

Carlos
Fairly new to ML so I have a couple of q's. Why wads and what is knurl up.

Great shooting in any case, very impressive. WOW.

My question is when are you going to start selling knurled bullets? With groups like that, they would sell like hot cakes!!!!!

Holly Cow :shock:
Carlos that is just awesome, some great shooting that there is. Remind me to never tick you off Brother ! LOL :cheers: But that is some truly great shooting.

JCORD said:
Carlos
Fairly new to ML so I have a couple of q's. Why wads and what is knurl up.

Great shooting in any case, very impressive. WOW.
JCORD, I used the wads between the powder charge and the bullet and what this does it seal in the gases when the powder goes off. Knurling means you take a bullet that is for example .451 and you roll it between two files and what this those is create bumps or ridges on the bullet and makes it lager, in other words you take the .451 up to .452 or what ever your bore size is. It's real simple.
Carlos

Muley said:
Now i'm impressed Carlos. Great shooting.

How much holdover was that?
Muley I don't really know since I was using the BUSHNELL DOA 250 with the ballistic lines, but if this helps out. If you look at the target and I don't know if you ever have look thru a DOA scope, any way look at the target and take the 250 hold over line and put it right on the line on the 10 ring and pull the trigger and I was there. I hope it helps.
CArlos

Tony said:
My question is when are you going to start selling knurled bullets? With groups like that, they would sell like hot cakes!!!!!
I rally don't have time to do it :D , but you can buy them and do it yourself with out any problem. 8)
CArlos

Tony said:

Tony......Carlos got me started. Get yourself some files & start experimenting. It's easy & it's a lot of fun :)

GregK said:
Great shooting buddy! As usual!!!
Thanks GregK, but wait and see what I have coming up next, and them again you might not want to look :twisted: 8)
Carlos

Quite impressive Carlos, especially with a m-loader. cant wait to see whats coming next.

Holy cow Carlos pretty soon your going to be shooting 1000 yd benchrest with your muzzy.

cvilorio said:
GregK said:
Great shooting buddy! As usual!!!
Thanks GregK, but wait and see what I have coming up next, and them again you might not want to look :twisted: 8)
Carlos
I'll be here waiting to see what I have to try next.......thanks to you :evil:

Latest posts

Back