APEX SABOTLESS 300 yrds.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two different set of bastard files. You need one with coarse grain to it the coarser the better. I would say a 12" bastard will do it. GregK I don't know what you got for files, but your input is welcome.
Carlos

GregK said:
cvilorio said:
GregK said:
Great shooting buddy! As usual!!!
Thanks GregK, but wait and see what I have coming up next, and them again you might not want to look :twisted: 8)
Carlos
I'll be here waiting to see what I have to try next.......thanks to you :evil:
Gregk, is not what bullet I'm going to try next, is the gun that I' going to take out to 300 yrds next. I almost did it today,but had to much to do. Just wait and see :twisted: 8)
Carlos

Carlos, those are the same files I use.

So......you've got another 300 yard gun huh? Is it that McGowen that you're holing onto for me? or did you acquire something new?

Since I have a .45 Apex I am stoked Carlos :!: Now I know it's potential. :cheers:

Great post, great shooting, and very inspirational for me as a rookie.

Looking at the guys that do bisley shooting you'll notice that they shoot at targets at up to 1094 yards away and achieve scores in the high 900's out of a possible 1000. And that is with open sights. Now what Carlos has done here is just open our eyes as to the capabilities of our front stuffers if the driver makes the right moves behind the sights and on the trigger :) Damn good shooting Carlos !

Carlos, what bullets do you recommend for knurling in a 50 caliber? I have a T/C Encore with a 26" T/C barrel. Also, what files are best to purchase to do this? Seems like it would be hard to keep them uniform as some would load easier than others. Showing that 300 yard group has me stoked!! That's a great 150 yard group for most.

A lot of carefull loading and knowhow went into them groups as everything must be very consistant from shot to shot :)

GregK said:
Carlos, those are the same files I use.

So......you've got another 300 yard gun huh? Is it that McGowen that you're holing onto for me? or did you acquire something new?
GregK, is not a MCGOWEN. It is something else, and is not new. I already had it, and I believe you have seen it. :twisted:
Carlos

Tony said:
Carlos, what bullets do you recommend for knurling in a 50 caliber? I have a T/C Encore with a 26" T/C barrel. Also, what files are best to purchase to do this? Seems like it would be hard to keep them uniform as some would load easier than others. Showing that 300 yard group has me stoked!! That's a great 150 yard group for most.
Tony I have knurl up so many that I can really keep up with them ,but the SST'S I believe 300 gr. in .500, and the Barnes 275 gr. .500 are great bullets to start with, files just get two start bastard files 12" and it should work just fine, just remember the coarser the file the better.
CArlos

Thank you, Carlos. You can flat shoot a muzzleloader pal. Awesome 300 yard group, very impressive.

Carlos
:scratch: :( OK my mouth is starting to water really bad now, WONDERING what you are going to shoot next. Is it the LDR
I- I - I JUST CAN'T STAND IT ANY LONGER !!!!! :lol!:
Show us - Show us - Show Us - LOL.
great shooting :lol:

Quicksilver34 said:
Carlos
:scratch: :( OK my mouth is starting to water really bad now, WONDERING what you are going to shoot next. Is it the LDR
I- I - I JUST CAN'T STAND IT ANY LONGER !!!!! :lol!:
Show us - Show us - Show Us - LOL.
great shooting :lol:
No, is not the LDR. You just going to have to wait. :twisted: 8)
Carlos

I'm not sure if Carlos still has any of the shorty's left? But since we are guessing, I'm guessing if he has one of those left that hes going to take it out to long range.

Carlos,

Seems a few guys on this forum are using the Bushnell DOA 250 scope, so I am thinking about one if I ever get a second inline.

So here's a follow-up question after seeing your 300 yard range report on the .45 Kodiak and the .45 Accura:

Were you previously zero'd-in at 100 yards with the .45 Apex before going out to 300 yards, and were you also using the pointed top of the reticle post to aim for the 300 yard group :?:

Inline50,look at the ACCURA post. I answered you there on the question.
CArlos

Latest posts

Back