AR-15 Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
I saw a couple of years ago or more someone went down that same rabbit hole.
Now the big question.
How many rounds does the mag hold? lol
Gas port hole size? lol
:bang:

350 yards with a 209 primer?

It’s definitely interesting. I’ll be waiting to hear what you think when you see/get a report.

Does that exceed the range of a 209 ignition rifle? Lol
Gotta be getting close! Or not.. I guess I’m thinking in terms of animal killing range. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I guess you can shoot as far as you want even if it’s like lobbing an artillery shell. Lol

Hunters and shooters today have an obsession with AR’s, and I know people that wouldn’t own a muzzleloader to save their life but would buy one if it was on an AR platform.:rolleyes:

I am interested in this project as well.
With the weather in Missouri I opted to go with an adjustable stock set up on my T/C rifles.
The potential weight savings intrigues me. Although the weight of this upper is conspicuously absent in the specs. 🤔 There are guys building ultralight hunting rigs on AR platforms. I’m talking complete (with scope) weighing less than 4 lbs. Pretty crazy.

I want my muzzloaders to look like old timey guns. I kinda cringe when I see ML's like this out of concern for being reclassified with modern firearms and regulated as such. Sorry if I rained on anyone's parade
For me it’s not so much the looks as it is reliving the history of the weapon. As in thinking about it being the ONLY choice for hunting, self defense and war. My mind goes to the same place when handling knives, swords and traditional archery gear. I consider those things when purchasing or building things today, quality is EVERYTHING because your life and or livelihood depends on it.

Considering this and regulating it as an assault weapon is no more ridiculous than every other firearm law on the books. Think about it, in the 1700’s muzzle loaders were the only weapons of war, the only assault rifles and it was found in every household because they were needed just to put food on the table and protect the family.

Right now I have more important things to spend my money on and don’t find this new platform all that appealing but I also hope it’s high quality and sells like crazy

It’s not so much that someone actually and factually conceived this contraption but actually and factually built one…

The concept is sorta like buying an expensive fixture so you can harness some horses to pull your Porsche…if you wanna be horsedrawn buy a horse buggy….hitching horses to the Porsche is a definite no.

Trans whatever is vogue and all…but some things are best in their intended iterations.

The assault muzzleloader. Gotta wonder who will be more upset, the anti-gun crowd, or our strict traditional ml brothers. 🤔 🤣
Personally, if they had an exposed ignition #11 cap model, (Idaho legal) I'd start saving my pennies.
I dont see why you couldnt do what the rimfire uppers do and mount the barrel deeper in the extension so it ends up where a breech plug with nipple would be right where the hammer ends up a few degrees before it smacks ino the rear of the mag well. Chop top middle section of actual upper to expose that area to allow capping. No bolt carrier group stuff needed, etc

Latest posts

Back