Are there any Good Deals on Knight Elites anymore?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toolman

Reaction score
I currently own an Omega and like it a lot, but have had trouble getting it tuned in exactly like I'd like.

I have been reading how accurate the Disc Elites are for the last year. I know they are discontinued. I am considering a .50 cal Elite, if I can find one at a reasonable price. Does anyone know of any sources?

I am also considering the new T/C Triumph but don't know if I want to wait.

VF Sports had a pile of Disc Elites about a month ago. Google VF Sports in Port Huron MI

Thanks HawgHunter, I called them today and they had 5 left @ $269.
Unfortunately, they will not ship out of Michigan. They claim the FBI :?:
said they could not.

Oh well, I'll keep looking!

Toolman I wonder if they would ship it through an FFL. I have never heard of muzzleoader restrictions for shipping except to a few states, maybe criminals are dropping their stolen semi-autos in favor of more traditional forms of firearms.

They're wrong as far as the shipping- Bob's Gun & Tackle in Hastings, MI

ships them out all the time. Shipped 11 of them out in november all in one week

If it were being shipped to Illinois it would have to go to a FFL anyway. There's a few other states that way also, Michigan being one of them. These regs are pretty dumb and just show you that the gun banners lump all firearms together regardless of function. Most states though have no restrictions on muzzleloading firearms as it should be.

Patrick... it would have to go to an FFL if shipped from MI to IL? I have purchased severl ML's (Cabela's and Mid-South/NatchezSS) and only had to submit a copy of my FOID card to get the deal done.

What rifles did they have? I'm looking for a 50cal in SS. Thanks
I was at their store about a month ago. I did not see any 50 cal in SS. At that time they did have 45s in SS with the camo stock. They did have blued 50s with a mounted scope and soft case for $269.00 I thought about buying one but I already have both a 45 and 50 cal Elite.

Hi, how do you llike the 45cal. I'm thinking about picking one up. How does it compare to your 50? What sort of loads are you shooting out of it? Thanks, John
HawgHunter said:
What rifles did they have? I'm looking for a 50cal in SS. Thanks
I was at their store about a month ago. I did not see any 50 cal in SS. At that time they did have 45s in SS with the camo stock. They did have blued 50s with a mounted scope and soft case for $269.00 I thought about buying one but I already have both a 45 and 50 cal Elite.

I picked up the 45 for my daughter when BPS was clearancing them out. I've only had it to the range a few times and I've only concentrated on low velocity lighter loads. It's a pretty consistant shooter at about a 2" group at 100 yards. Good enough for deer where I hunt in the UP.

I'll have it back out to the range when it warms up to see if I can ring out some better groups. I would not hesitate in recommending the 45 to anyone.

I have an Elite .45 that will do consistant 3/4" groups with 120grs 777 and 200gr SST's. It is very picky about powder charge, 10grs either way and the groups really open up.

Patrick White said:
According to the ISP it has to go to a FFL.
Where did you get that info? Don't want to break any laws... but that info might also be wrong. As stated... my Knight Elites, Savage ML10, A&H 420 all came from retailers... copy of the FOID card and delivery.

flatland hunter said:
Where did you get that info?

From the ISP via email. It could be the officer who responded didn't understand, but he was very clear that muzzleloaders are firearms according to state law and are treated the same for purchasing them.

Patrick, I think you might be right about the person not understanding... Cabela's and other retailers sure wouldn't jeopardize themselves.

I do remember RW refusing to ship to Chicago area without a FFL...

RW no longer ships ML's in Illinois except to FFL. The law's at least a few years old as this was back in '05 when I discovered this. I do not know how Cabela's and other retailers get away with it.

Back