Ball Starters

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CVA Enthusiast

Reaction score
Ball Starters

gedc0610.jpg

I purchased one of Stoney1 ball starters handmade use of 9mm casing for starter deer antler handle I have got to say, IMPRESSED very impressed it is smaller than most but durable and for my use .44 pietta sheriff and .50 CVA rifles just awesome. I got it a few ago and had one outing then I ran it through my gauntlet 3 .50 CVA rifles and my Pietta the pietta stared as a joke I was very surprised when it worked so well on it, better than that short ramrod on the pietta. Hey Thanks Stoney1.  :cheers:

Re: Ball Starters

CVA Enthusiast
Thank you VERY much. Thrilled that you like it, my pleasure. I have more and I'm making more for anyone considering buying one. This is the kind of endorsement that keeps me in business. My rep. (so far) :D is good. 
Thanks again: Use it well.
God bless:
Stoney1

I don't see no Pictures of said starter.

Stoney1:
How do we find out what you make and sell.
I think you made some powder horns in the past and I might be interested in one.

OOOPs My bad Hylander I do have some I will get them up in the morning 2-2-19 I am so amazed by the starting being so easy and seating the .44 so well  I forgot GOOD CALL. I`ll get em up sometime 2-2-19

I snatched one up, too. I like how compact it is in a pouch, but gets the job done. Thanks, Stoney.

Thank you guys. I really appreciate the sales testimonials. I hope to have a new store open soon? In the mean time if you need something, just PM me through this site, or email me [email protected]
God bless:
Stoney

Kentucky Colonel said:
I snatched one up, too. I like how compact it is in a pouch, but gets the job done. Thanks, Stoney.
Kentucky Colonel
 I'm glad that you finally got to try that new ball starter, and I'm VERY happy that it's working well for you. I try my hardest to make good products!
Thanks.
God bless:
Stoney

Kentucky Colonel said:
Love the fact compact compared to the aftermarket ones I have. Kentucky Colonel right on that one

So l have been teaching my 14yr old daughter how to use a metal lathe. She is the reason we now have a muzzle loader.
This is the shot starter she made for our CVA Kentucky .45 cal using Nylon and an old carbon arrow shaft.20230816_185854.jpg
I watched and offered advice, but she did all the machining.

Back