Barnes Spit-Fire T MZ Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T/C Hunter

Reaction score
Hi
I 'm looking for your appinion of Barnes Spit-Fire T MZ 250 grain Bullets
i'm thinking of loading my Encore or Omega with these using 110 grains of 777 pellets ???
Kevin

T/C Hunter

Welcome to the forum!

These are some of the most Devistating Bullets that I have ever shoot

I was shooting the 250gr but I have switched to the 290gr over 95gr of 777 2fg I got a little better ACCUR. out of the 290gr,

And they give compleat pass threws I shot a good Doe of our opening day at 95yds and she never took another step. DRT Entrance hole the size of a nickal EXIT HOLE you could have shoved a Tenniss ball threw.

TRY THEM You'll like them for shure.

RON G. ( LB1 )

Welcome, T/C Hunter.

Been a while since I've posted, but I've learned a bit about muzzleloading since.

Experiment with bullets and loads. (I'm partial to using granulated powder, particularily Triple Se7en. You can fine tune it more easily, IMHO. I load 95 grains of FFg Triple Se7en behind a 250 grain T/C yellow tipped Shockwave.)
Take some time to find out what your muzzy shoots best. But then again, spending a full day at the range blowing nickle sized holes through targets with your smokepole is, well.......FUN!!

Back