barnes T-EZ sabot?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalberg

Reaction score
Does any body know what sabot is supplied with the 250 & 290 Barnes T-EZ. I think I read it is a MMP, but which one HPH12 or HPH24?
Thanks, Doug

i think MMP makes it but not the ones listed above because its a boattail bullet.

Correct me if I am wrong

I do not know about the sabot supplier, but the T-EZ is definitely not a boattail.

Re: Barnes TEZ

From the looks and measurements I get with calipers I say it is the HPH24 also.

I spoke with MMP and the supplied sabot that comes with the T-EZ is their EZ load sabot. It's not the HPH12 or the HPH24. It's just colored different for Barnes.

their web-site shows that the easy EZ sabot is 3 petals, these have four. I measured and get .502-.503 loaded, bullet being .450. anyway they should work fine for me. same bullet in a harvester short black I get .501-.502

Some of the T-EZ packages are still boattail, probably the first ones to come with the new sabot. I got several pakages from Bass Pro last fall that says Knight on them, they are Boattail with the blue EZ sabot. I called and bought some of the yellow sabots from Knight for about $8 per 50. I have seen the T-EZ listed in places under the Barnse name that say FB (Flat Base) in the label. I would expect that suppliers getting "New" stock would most likely get the new flat base bullet.

ShawnT

ShawnT said:
Some of the T-EZ packages are still boattail, probably the first ones to come with the new sabot. I got several pakages from Bass Pro last fall that says Knight on them, they are Boattail with the blue EZ sabot. I called and bought some of the yellow sabots from Knight for about $8 per 50. I have seen the T-EZ listed in places under the Barnse name that say FB (Flat Base) in the label. I would expect that suppliers getting "New" stock would most likely get the new flat base bullet.

ShawnT

I have some of them blue ones too for the BT bullets. My Omega doesn't group as good with them like it does with the yellow sabots that come with the 285 Gr Spit fires. The Blues feel about the same loading, maybe a little easier, both are a bear to load.

Barnes New T-EZ bullets are a FLAT Base Bullet. Barnes TMZ bullets are a Boat-tail Bullet that come with either the Regular (yellow) Sabots are via Knight's TMZ-EZ Bullets,which come in a easy to load (Blue) Sabot.But the Bullet is the same as the Barnes because they are the same and they both are Boat-Tail Bullets.
the Barnes T-EZ are FLAT BASE Only
Both the sabots for the Banres T-MZ Bullets with the [yellow sabots] and Knight's TMZ-Ez load [Blue sabots] and Barnes new T-EZ Flat Base bullets all have 4 Petals on there Sabots.Just the BARNES TMZ and KNIGHT TMZ-Ez load sabot are both Boatail and need a boatail sabot.Where is the Barnes New TEZ in a Flat Base bullet and needs a Flat base sabot
While MMP makes there sabots for them.Those sabots are not on the market just yet.Might be able to get one close, but thats all

Back