BC from Point of Impact

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zach.trumble

Reaction score
I have an app for pellets (chair gun) that allows me to calculate the BC of pellet guns using point of impact, but it errors out at higher velocities and with POI over 100 yds because it isn't designed for rifles.

Anyone know of a program for rifles?

Thank you for your time.

Re: BC from Point of Impact

Only one I use is Vortex sight. has a work sheet , that will calculate your bc and velocity by shooting and measuring bullet group if it is high or low, at twice your zero distance

I'm poking around that site right now. Where is that worksheet?

I generated a chart that is pretty darn close to my estimates using info from other posts in the forum.

Thank you for your time.

Oh, I found it by clicking "validate"

What do you use for a zero and validation ranges?

They recommend rifle ranges of 300+ yards

Thank you for your time.

I shoot 300 yds. 100 yd as my zero . when you put the MOA in your scope dial. shoot a bull 300 yds. measure inches high or low from bullseye . Put that in work sheet and click , It will kick out your velocity and if BC is right it won't change sometimes it does. put those figures it gives you in your ballistic chart and it will refigure. It works and then you have your BC and drop chart for that load. That is what I use to shoot deer beyond 200

Latest posts

Back